Bye HM2, it was (not) a good time.

• nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      For years I've been using HM2 for tracking all my poker history, but I've had enough already. You see some bugs never being fixed at all, I mean, I've worked in the past in IT, and I know there are such things as priorities but damn, some bugs are now over 3 years old.

Plus the software crashes, like, a lot. Yeah silly me trying to play +20 sng tables with an i7 processor and SSD HD, should expect it to crash and take Stars to the grave with it.

The silly part of me is that I've tried to defend you to friends and fellow players even with all of your mistakes, but it's like you guys really don't mind at all to some things that are pretty obvious.

It's been a long (and somewhat frustrating) experience. But it's time to say goodbye, there's nothing more that could keep me with you guys, and if anyone asks me what HUD to use? I'll say anything they like, but don't buy HM2.
  • 8 replies
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Did you ever contact support with your problems?
    • la55i
      la55i
      Sad to hear that you have had bad experiences with HM. I find it surprising. My experiences have been great. Whenever I had any problems and contacted HM support, they were very friendly and professional. I'm very happy with HM.

Only negative thing I have to say is that I have been waiting for Table Scanner 2 fix for pokerstars for 2 months now. No updates on how things are going or when we will see a fix. I understand that these things take time but 2 months is a long time to work on a bug fix.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Originally posted by netsrak
      Did you ever contact support with your problems?
      Yup, I'm on about 3 or 4 eternal tickets that never got solved.

Originally posted by la55i
      Sad to hear that you have had bad experiences with HM. I find it surprising. My experiences have been great. Whenever I had any problems and contacted HM support, they were very friendly and professional.
      Yes they were, so it really fells sad to part ways, but support is only one part of the company.
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      I do recognice the frustration. It is great software but it is a bit fragile.

I can understand that the pokersites updates creates a lot of mess and problems.

But on my computer the problem is more between HM and the Postgresql thing. And that shouldnt be an issue since database connections shouldn't be a problem in this day and age.

The strange thing is that HM2 runs flawlessly on my 5 year old laptop with an i3 and a slow harddrive. It is on my i7 fast memory SSD stationary the trouble comes.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Svinhugg
      I do recognice the frustration. It is great software but it is a bit fragile.

I can understand that the pokersites updates creates a lot of mess and problems.

But on my computer the problem is more between HM and the Postgresql thing. And that shouldnt be an issue since database connections shouldn't be a problem in this day and age.

The strange thing is that HM2 runs flawlessly on my 5 year old laptop with an i3 and a slow harddrive. It is on my i7 fast memory SSD stationary the trouble comes.
      So yeah, here's the deal, I don't run HM2 and the database in the same computer, for starters. I know PostgreSQL is a very weak DB, and therefore she (yes, all my databases are women) has even a dedicated virtual drive just for her in another pc, in a 1GB SSD HD. You may think, oh this is the issue, and the thing is, it was always like this.

HM2 froze (taking as I said PokerStars to it's grave with it) lots of times, on my i7, on my old (i3) laptop. When things were dedicated, running benchmarks and stuff. All tickets I've made with HM2 were fully filled with enough information to find the broken part in the code.

I've worked for over 8 years in Q&A for a tech company, and I've placed myself in all the scenarios you could think on that area, from moron manual tester to manager of a team with over 20 people, HM2 is not reliable, and crashing during SNGs is so bad.

To name one of the old "bugs" that HM2 has, is with knockout tournaments, while they are running, they track bounties just fine. When the tournaments end, if the bounty was, let's say: $1.50, HM2 fucks the summary up and places like you have won $15 for each bounty. Once I ended up "winning" over $30k when what I actually had was a mere $3 win.

It's fine, some updates forward I'll might check it again, who knows, but I really don't see that happening. I hate looking like a spoiled kid, but I've migrated from PT3 and when the decision was between PT4 or HM2, I actually prefered HM2. Funny heh?
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      Well maybe they are busy with building hm3. Once i got such answer from them. :)
      When i had a chance to work with software tester team. We already knew we will not fix all bugs. I was kind of sad as project starts and we know we wont fix all bugs. Like never in lifetime.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlvisR
      Well maybe they are busy with building hm3. Once i got such answer from them. :)
      When i had a chance to work with software tester team. We already knew we will not fix all bugs. I was kind of sad as project starts and we know we wont fix all bugs. Like never in lifetime.
      That is possible to happen when you are building a new software, but as it seems, you can't leave some tickets like this KO thing so in the open, when the fix is pretty darn obvious.
    • mortal1ty
      mortal1ty
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlvisR
      Let me get this straight you go to a restaurant and order steak with fries you wait for half an hour and they only bring steak to your table, you think to yourself ahh place looks busy maybe they forgot about my fries and finish your stake. Before leaving you complain about situation. Next time you go to the same restaurant they do the same thing to you. What do you do ? You just say to yourself they always look so busy and those fries not such big of deal?

and yeah i had same experience with hem.