Didn't know where to post this

• AlfNet
      AlfNet
      Bronze
      So i finished the quiz yesterday and today i already got the starting capital. I received 35.33 Dollars.

Wasn't it supposed to be $50? Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy about the $35 and couldn't care less if that's all i get. Hey, i would be happy with anything to be honest :P .

Just wondering if something went wrong..

And I'm still basic level. Wasn't i supposed to turn into Bronze as soon as i got the starting capital? I'm not sure on this one, maybe i just read it wrong.

Anyway... I'm gonna read the Fix Limit basic articles now. I've done the SnG ones but i feel more comfortable playing in the lowest stakes first and get a feel for the software (Titan) before trying SnG.

PS. I'm taking notes on the articles. Writing down the parts I feel are more important. I'll then do the same for the best books on poker I can find. There's always a big difference between simply reading something and actually studying it, by taking notes, rereading, etc. Poker is no exception :)
      _____

I started playing poker 6 months ago. Play money on pokerstars. In November a portuguese player won the EPT Warsaw and for that reason Pokerstars created a special tournament for Portuguese players for the month of december. Everyday at 20.00 GMT there was a $100 prize pool freeroll and the 8 winners of each day won access to a Final to be played on the 27 of December with a prize pool of 14000 or something like that.

I played a few. In one of them i managed to reach 12th from 500 players and won $1.80.

I turned that up to $4.00. Then down to 0.50 cents. I started to play with more calm and right now I hold $11.

And that's it :)
  • 3 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello AlfNet and welcome to PokerStrategy!

Are you sure you received 35,33 dollars and not perhaps Euros? On Titan Poker there are multiple options for currency in which to keep the account, so perhaps you created a Euro account. Whenever you join the tables the Euros will be converted to Dollars.

Its good that you are taking notes while reading articles - I think its very important to think about and understand the material and not just blindly read it :)

I can also recommend you check out our hand evaluation boards, they are very useful for finding and fixing leaks - while learning about the game.

Best of luck at the tables!
      SoyCD
    • AlfNet
      AlfNet
      Bronze
      Yes it's in Euros :) . I suppose that's why the 0.12 buy in sng only costs 0.09 :)

But now i have another problem.

I played 4 sng $0.12 sng at the same time.

I lost 2. In one i had to push with Ace-King suited and lost. In another one i accidentally blinded myself to death. I'm still trying to adjust to this multi table thing and i must have went sit out. I placed 3rd in one and 2nd in another.

So... 0.12*4= 0.48
      $0.20(3rd)+$0.30(2nd)= 0.50

I should have won 2 cents in dollars but i went from 35.33 euros to 35.32 euros...

I should be at 35.34 :P . It's not about the cent but it seems like i must be missing something.

Just wondering so that when i try the $1 i don't have to face these questions.

PS. It's not $0.12 but 0.10+0.02. Im already couting the rake.

EDIT: Is there an option on Titan to switch the value to Dollars? They tell me the value in Euros of the buy-in but the prize is always in dollars.
      _____

EDIT2: Just played two more sng, finished 4th in both. All in on the button with K-Q suited. Small Blind calls with TT and Big Blind AKo...

In the other one i go all in with KK against AA...

Oh my luck..
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello AlfNet

It could be that in these extremely low buy-in SNGs that you are actually losing cent amounts due to Titan rounding off numbers in the exchange rates. Although this could be avoided by having a dollar account - you would of course be affected by the currently fluctuating dollar rate.

Titan sadly don't have any easy option of changing your currency (except closing your account and opening a new one).

As for your SNG progress - I really suggest you download the ICM trainer and play around with that. There will be some new basic SNG articles soon which go more into detail on ICM - but the ICM trainer light is quite for getting introduced to the subject.

You can also report on your progress in our blog section (http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1435) once you reach bronze status (which should be as soon as Titan poker sends us the latest lists :) )

Best regards and good luck at the tables!
      SoyCD