[SSS] Help with the all-in push on flop.

• phiRO
      I was wondering.

You raised pre-flop:
      " If somebody else already bet or there is a raise after you, you immediately push all-in and bet all your money. "

1 #

Hero K :heart: Q :heart:

Hero bets 0.40. Limper Calls

Flop (Flush Draw):

A :spade: 2 :heart: 3 :heart:

Limper Bets more than half heros $$.

An initial limp doesn't indicate that the villain has an A but when I've been playing and pushed all in they usually had A + low kicker. Why do I go all in? Before this strategy I would always fold my draw and since I've stopped doing this my losses are trying to convince me that my old tactics, maybe due to 'fear', have been more rewarding/safer...

Hero Kx Qx

bet .40. Limper Calls.

Ax 10x 4x

Villain raises Hero all in.

I like this situation even less than the flush draw but if I'm not mistaken the strategy indicates that I should call/push all-in. Here I've (in my memory) been even less successful than with the FlushDraw.

Could somebody explain these moves or try to help me kick that all-in-fear out of me. Maybe some examples

• 2 replies
    • Fongie
      You need to read up on what a C-bet is. A c-bet is when you get the first chance to bet on the flop, either by being first in or getting checked to, after being preflop aggressor. If a villain "donks" (bets out of position without being preflop aggressor), you cannot c-bet anymore.
      So if you have trash on the flop and someone bets, you should FOLD. However, in SSS we consider draws with 8 outs or more (flushdraw, oesd) as a made hand, and in your first example you should indeed call his push.

I really think you should post these hands you're unsure of in the HAND SAMPLE FORUM, you'll get all the answers you need from your own hand examples!
    • phiRO
      I've read quiet a bit of strategy before. Sadly only SnG strat. and the 50 dollars I put into Titan Poker which in my opinion is just a poker version of online bandits. The low stakes SnGers play everything.

Now i'm going to solely concentrate on SSS. I'll read more articles before my next session and definitely make use of the Hand Sample Forum... so cheers.

Does anyone recommend any other software for SSS? I was thinking either PokerStars or Full Tilt. Also, i've played a lot of live poker and know a bit of strategy. Should I stick to NL10 or buy in a BR of $150 + to go up a level? NL10 is sometimes too frustrating.

Thanks again though.