[SSS] or [BSS]

• BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Hi,

I want to start by saying I`m not a new with poker. Been playing for about 2 years now , nothing too serious but I think I have the basics covered. Played most of the time live , on the internet mostly tourneys and when I did play cash games I usually went for 1 max 2 tables 10/25c or 25/50c but no bankroll management at all. Can`t say I lost due to that , been a couple of big ups and more little downs ,but if I look back I think I`m on the winning side .
      But now I wanted to give it a try with bankroll management and following most of the guidelines you posted in your articles.
      I started with a bankroll of 150$ on Mansion poker. My question is should I start SS at 0.10/0.20 or BS at 0.02/0.04 or even 0.05/0.1? In which of these options can you improve your bankroll more ?
  • 5 replies
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Hi Bongandin7,

I'm just starting out too with the PS.com $50 capital also. I played higher limits before, but I think there's something to be said about working your way up through the limits.

I look at it this way. If I start at the lowest limits and move up, I get a feel for really poor/fishy players and the moves they make. If I start at higher levels, I'm often fooled when I run into one of these and can get outplayed by bluffs etc.

I'm now only playing sit and go STT's, started out playing the $1 ones, now playing the $3.40, and hopefully soon the $5.

I've played $16 games before, and they are stacked with regulars, grinders, who are looking to make 5% return. I figure by the time I get there, I'll have gradually experienced the different levels of play, and know how to recognize opportunities and dangers better for it.

Hope that helps... so I recommend start low, beat the limit and move up, even if you have the bankroll to start out higher..

SS might be a good way to build your bankroll, but if you're confident with your postflop play and reads, then I think BS is better in the long run. Personally I like sit and goes - I find them more interesting, and much less variance (for me anyway) Good fortune to you.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Played a 3 hours session 6 tabling SS . It looks to swing a lot , had a big share of suckouts and finished +3BI. Never tought about SnG`s , I usually play one or two when I`m in the mood. I`ll have to give it that a try too . SS looks a bit too swingy :/
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi,

well, SnGs are swingy as well. Actually nearly every type of poker is swingy. If I would be you, I would concentrate on one type and put as much effort as possible in it to really work on my game. I would prefer NL BSS. I would post hands, join coachings and ask tons of questions. A lot of experienced players are around here to answer questions. Make sure you read all the articles and really think yourself about everything to get it into your head.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      If your bankroll is at $150 I would start at SSS NL10 or BSS NL4.
      NL4 is really soft on mansion and should be able to build quickly to $200+ to start playing BSS NL10.
      I'f you want to be conservative wait until you hit $250-$300 before you move to NL10 because it's completely different to Nl4.
      There are a lot of short stackers.

Gl on your journey and I may see you and take all your money.
      I also play at Mansion :)
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Thanks for the answers guys. I`ll give BS a shot. Hope to be back with some positive results .
      Good luck at the tables!