MP1: $5.83
      MP2: $4.95
      MP3: $11.10
      CO: $2.30
      Hero: $10.05
      SB: $2.05
      BB: $4.04

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is Button with A 9
      4 folds, MP2 raises to $0.2, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, 2 folds.

Flop: Q A 2 ($0.75, 3 players)
      MP2 bets $0.2, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.8, MP2 calls.

Turn: 8 ($2.35, 2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1.5, MP2 folds.
      Uncalled bets: $1.5 returned to Hero.

Results:
      Final pot: $2.35

Should I have raise to $0.6 pre if i wanted to play this hand? I thought i could get some info on how strong he was by just calling pre, but on the flop I just think he's weak.

Is protecting Turn good, or do I get more value some other way?
  • 2 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I would fold it preflop, calling is bad imo cause A9o is not a good hand for a multiway pot especially if you don't have the initiative.
      Raise is probably an option, you're in position and can use it to your advantage, but you have to make it at least 0,8 cause of the mp3. Still I like folding more, you never know what to expect from such a minraise.

Flop is fine imo, I would check behind turn though for pot control. There aren't many draws out there, maybe some gutshots with KJ, you don't need to worry about backdoor flushes. If he bets small on the river I call, if he bets big I fold, if he doesn't bet at all I bet half the pot for value.

These are just my thoughts, take it with the pinch of salt, I've just entered the limit myself and my experience is less than low :) .
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      I would fold it preflop, calling is bad imo cause A9o is not a good hand for a multiway pot especially if you don't have the initiative.
      Raise is probably an option, you're in position and can use it to your advantage, but you have to make it at least 0,8 cause of the mp3. Still I like folding more, you never know what to expect from such a minraise.

Flop is fine imo, I would check behind turn though for pot control. There aren't many draws out there, maybe some gutshots with KJ, you don't need to worry about backdoor flushes. If he bets small on the river I call, if he bets big I fold, if he doesn't bet at all I bet half the pot for value.

These are just my thoughts, take it with the pinch of salt, I've just entered the limit myself and my experience is less than low :) .
      +1
      Agree anything that you said.
      3-bet pf is probably a little better than calling ip, but fold is best option.