FL content

• AxeDarktemptation
      AxeDarktemptation
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I have started playing some FL again and wanted to get my FL game uptodate, as I saw there is no new content on ps, can you guys recommend me something? I saw that RIO has some FL Videos, but I am not sure if I want to spent 100$/month yet, what do you guys think about those RIO Videos?
  • 2 replies
    • RedHeater
      RedHeater
      Bronze
      I wouldn't spend $100/month for fixed limit content anywhere. There is a reason that videos are not getting released. Finally it can be said that there is no money in fixed limit holdem, everybody is solid! Of course its not quite true but there really is not a lot of meat on the bone.

GTO strategies are well developed now for limit (to the point of head's up being 'solved' IIRC) . To beat recreational players, older FLHE videos should still do the trick. If you want to be more up to date, the Phil Newall books should do it but they are not easy for an inexperienced player.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Yeah, even if you are good enough, you'll have to win at $1/$2 - $5/$10 to build a bankroll. This is not easy when the opposition is decent and the rake is 4%. So it isn't enough to be good enough. With a small edge you'd have to play big volume for very high stakes to show a profit (that isn't consumed by the rake). Sad but true.