FL Holdem MTT/Tourneys knowledge sharing

• TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Hi!,

I am trying to play some HO(R)SE and FL Holdem tournaments and I would like to know how should I varry strategy in comparison to the regular cash table games (FL).

FL MTTs are not covered at all in strategy sections. Generally I play much more tight that I do in cash tables, but anyway any hints and experience is more than welcomed. Later on, it is essential to steal blind with resonable hands...

Regards

TTT

P.S.: FL tourneys are much more fun in comparison to NL, where all decisions later changes to push/fold :D .
      P.P.S.: Well... with stack 900 and blinds 200/400 in FL Omaha H/L you just push it all-in as well with hand like A25J and hoping for low hand :P

I missed this one ;) -

[INVALID EMAIL]
  • 3 replies
    • phullhand
      phullhand
      Bronze
      Anyone??

I'm interested on FL strategy also, I think it could have a lot of fishes since it is not usual to find strategy and articles for this kind of mtt.
      Maybe some books indication??

Thx
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      When you are shortstacked and your in the Stud Games how do you play?
      Eg.. 2000 chip stack ante 100 blinds 300/600 do you try to get it in or just wait for something good. (Stud hi a big pair, Stud8 a pair of AA and a low card, Razz 3 cards better than 6 or 7)
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Basically in 7Stud(8), Omaha... if I am down to something like 3-4BB I am jamming any reasonable hand (e.g. pair in Stud, big pair in Omaha, etc.). You can see some examples in Torunament Poker For Advanced Players (e.g. first hand in example section is 5 card low draw ball ;) ).

Also it seems there are some things for other games than NL HE in Tournament Poker by Tom McEvoy (http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/store/?cat=books&prod=bo-06), so I think I will grab it as soon as I get enough FPPs.

Regards

TTT