This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 AKs preflop play

• koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $5,28
      MP2:
      $1,82
      Hero:
      $5,06

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , K:club:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,04, Hero raises to $0,20, 3 folds, BB raises to $0,36, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,90, BB raises to $1,44, Hero calls $0,54.

Flop: ($2,94) J:diamond: , 9:club: , T:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $1,76, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4,70

What would be better? Call his 3-bet and re-evaluate on flop? Fold?
  • 2 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      If you want to 4bet him make it bigger like 1,3$-1,4$ and if he shoves you have to call. He's quite loose and quite aggressive so I think it's an option.

Otherwise you may call his min3bet and continue if you hit.

At least that's what I think is right after some judges' opinions on similiar hands of mine :) . Good luck.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      If you want to 4bet him make it bigger like 1,3$-1,4$ and if he shoves you have to call. He's quite loose and quite aggressive so I think it's an option.

Otherwise you may call his min3bet and continue if you hit.

At least that's what I think is right after some judges' opinions on similiar hands of mine :) . Good luck.
      +1
      Once you 4-bet and face 5-bet it sucks but I think you have to get the money all-in.
      NL 5 players sometimes do unreasonable things and you can see there sometimes like AJ or 65s which they want to gamble.
      Against QQ and lower hands you´re flipping and can´t put player always on AA or KK ot fold AK.