Strategy to overcome game where not much bluffing and every hand gets checked by someone

• crud99
      crud99
      Basic
      I've been mostly playing online FullTilt mostly but just started Poker stars.
      I was doing really well on full tilt made final table on some tourneys with 100 players.
      so I a very good strategy to last long. I can bluff a lot of weaker players and I can scare people with big raises and cause people to fold. Poker star I just started have not had a good of luck at that strategy more people are being aggresive.

I just went to a home tournament and my online strategy did not work in the begining so I had to adjust.
      I can't remember any bluffing and whenever I tried to make a bigger raise to scare people off everybody would just check.

So with this group nobody really bluffs and nobody folds very often.
      So that eliminates a big part of my game and I just have to rely on 'luck' to get a good hand that will beat everybody.
      I had no luck at all. I had pocket jacks and lost. I tried to go almost all in once people still checked.
      So I ended up just folding a lot of hands trying to get something different but the best I did was a shared pot.
      I finished 5 th out 6 people.

Is there a good strategy to overcome these types of playrer that rarel bluff and almost always someone calls everyhand.

thanks
  • 4 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      I'm not MTT player myself so I can't help you with those strategies, but I suggest you use pokerstrategy's videos and strategy articles and participate in the forum discussions. That way you can learn the game and get a solid game-plan.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Pretty simple to play these games it is all about the early blind levels.

While effective stacks are still high (40bb+) you want to be getting to as many flops as you can passively. once you have hit a monster relative to the opponents you can bet ridiculous sizes relative to the pot because they don't understand much about bet sizing's. Generally just put as little chips in as possible of the higher denominations.

Once the blinds increase more than this you have to play tight and very aggressive but hopefully before this you would have amassed a big chip lead.
    • crud99
      crud99
      Basic
      Originally posted by jmackenzie
      Pretty simple to play these games it is all about the early blind levels.

While effective stacks are still high (40bb+) you want to be getting to as many flops as you can passively.
      Are you saying I should try to get to as many flops early, even if I have crap hands?
      Is there a limit what hand you would want to play?
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      if all pots are limped preflop then anything suited or connected from any position.

if people sometimes raise preflop then only limp the later positions but wide still