I got hacked on Skrill, what should I do?!

• dajkel
      dajkel
      Basic
      Hello everyone!

Just want to consult with someone who knows what is the best solution or how to return my money.

One month ago I got message that I successfully transferred 870€ to ***.mail.ru. I quickly check my Skrill account and saw only 1.4€. Very quickly after that I contacted Skrill's support team, sent message to scam/phishing form with all screenshots, description and everything that I thought is important. Also I emphasized that I am not currently at home, that I moved to another country.

Finally after three days I got a message from skrill, with few steps that I need to do and form that I need to fill up. I did everything from list, sent copies of my documents (driving licence, identity card, bank's card...), but after that they ask me to send utility bill or bank statement in the past three months and this message will be valid for 48 hours. First of all, it was Friday and banks doesn't work at weekends, second I didn't have anything similar and third, I was not at home as I said. After that they closed the case.

I tried to write few times, but nobody answers me, they just ignore my messages.

Does anybody have similar situation, some advice or anything that can help me?

Thanks in advance,
      Radovan
  • 6 replies
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Don't know what helps you, but this is again an example why investing 10 euros to security token is a good investment.
    • Pistoleroo
      Pistoleroo
      Silver
      Originally posted by Kyyberi
      Don't know what helps you, but this is again an example why investing 10 euros to security token is a good investment.
      Thanks Captain Hindsight!
    • MrPink578
      MrPink578
      Bronze
      Sounds kind of suspicious. The only thing I would say is to maybe call them directly to see what's going. Other than that I'm not really sure. I really hope that you do get this mess sorted out.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Sometimes hindsight can save someone else's money in the future. Of course it doesn't help the OP, but mentioning it once again may help others. After all, these kind of things have happened every now and then, so it's sad that most players don't use Skrill token. It costs 10e, and saves your money. If your account gets hacked while you have the token, Skrill pays you back the lost money.

Question for ALL Skrill users here in PokerStrategy.com: If you don't have the token yet, what is your excuse for not ordering one RIGHT NOW?
    • dajkel
      dajkel
      Basic
      Thanks folks!

Just to mention that I am not poker player. I am freelancer, but didn't find any official Skrill's forum, this one is most visited. I don't use Skrill for all my money transactions and I didn't think about additional security for one of the most popular payment service (it should be option by default, right?).

The only problem that I have is their support team, they're ignoring all my messages and I am not sure how to contact them again.

Also, I tried to call Skrill's call service in Germany, but when I typed my profile id, I got the message that is unknown. It's very weird, suspicious, or however to call that, looks like they doesn't care about their community.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Everytime when I have called their customer support, I've got things done. Email isn't their strong point, sometimes it takes ages to get an reply and sometimes they just don't reply. In urgent matters, always use the phone. I didn't have to type anything when I called them.