some questions

• BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Started to BS NL4 today and I have some questions.

1) If u call JTs-KOs from middle/late and then get a raise after how should you handle it ? A raise from late does not necessary mean much strenght. I ussualy call that raise if there is another BS in the pot for the flush/straight possibilities. Is this kind of play ok ?

2)A raiser before you , you hold AK suited re-raise but get re-raised by the original raiser. Do you call/fold/re-raise and depending on what ?

3)How many BB do you need to have to leave the table ?

4)If there are SS behind me I loosen up my stealing range from BU/CO but how loose should I go ? Now the range is like any suited Ace or King , 67o+ 56s+. Is that too tight/loose?
  • 8 replies
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      dont limp JTs-KQs, raise them to isolate limpers and to have the initiative (only from middle/late and late position though)
      u only flop a FD 1 out of 10 times and even then u have only 38% chance of making it if u see turn and river (overall 1/18 times u make a flush if u start with a suited hand preflop so maybe u overestimate it a little bit?)

if u limp and get reraised I think its best to fold unless there is 1 or maybe 2 people u have position on postflop in the hand, on the other hand, if there is more than 1 person that has position on you I'd fold instead of limp/calling but I dont limp call so I dont have that problem :)
      remember: position is everything in NLHE!

on NL4 I'd probably push all in if AKs gets 4bet because your hand is so strong and if u call u'll only hit the flop 1/3 times

I never leave the table unless there are other good/aggressive players to my left who also have 150+bb stack
      but maybe as a beginner u could leave the table if effective stacks reach 150bb, it changes the way u play hands a lot

depends on the tightness/looseness of the shortstacks!
      observe them for a while, if they're tight, loosen up, if they're loose tighten up because they can easily push over your intitial raise and u probably have to fold then
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Thanks for the answers.New questions now :D

I`ve started using the pokerstrategy elephant. I know in this limits it doesn`t make much of a difference but I want to get used to it. What exactly does a vpip/pfr tell you?

I finished my last session with a +82BB/100 with 500 hands played. Is this low/high on these limits ?
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7

I finished my last session with a +82BB/100 with 500 hands played. Is this low/high on these limits ?
      that's huge and not sustainable. If you reach something in between 6 - 12 bb/100 it's ok. Evereything more is excellent.

Vpip - the percentage of hands a player is playing
      pfr - the percentage of hands a player is raising.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      So a high vpip with a low pfr means he will likely call will a weaker hand / fold to a raise ?
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      high vpip and low pfr means he is a fish and calls a lot but does not raise a lot.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I`m still trying to get a hang of the elphant but I think these are my stats so far:
      Hands 3612
      VPIP 17.8%
      Handrange Flop 15.4%
      Preflop Raise 10.5%
      Open Raise Late 30.%
      FoldSBtoSteal 81.3%
      FoldBBtoSteal 73.1%
      AF 2.0
      Handrange showdown 4.8%
      WtSDwsF 31.2%
      W$@SD 51.2%
      W$wsF 47.3%

I am getting close to the BR to move up to NL10 and I am hoping you can point me in the right direction with what I need to change and improve.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      I`m still trying to get a hang of the elphant but I think these are my stats so far:
      Hands 3612
      no real samplesize
      VPIP 17.8%
      this could be lower, like, 13-14
      Handrange Flop 15.4%
      sam here
      Preflop Raise 10.5%
      good one
      Open Raise Late 30.%
      good one
      FoldSBtoSteal 81.3%
      could be a little bit higher, like 85
      FoldBBtoSteal 73.1%
      could be a little bit higher, like 79
      AF 2.0
      ok
      Handrange showdown 4.8%
      WtSDwsF 31.2%
      should be lower, like 20 - 25
      W$@SD 51.2%
      W$wsF 47.3%

I am getting close to the BR to move up to NL10 and I am hoping you can point me in the right direction with what I need to change and improve.
      I hope that helps

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Thanks , I got the feeling I was calling a little too marginal.