Re-learning Hold'em

• Pistoleroo
      Pistoleroo
      Silver
      After being sick of PLO and cashing out my bankroll. I will start playing Hold'em again. Because i have heard the hold'em games all got tougher i have decided to rebuild my game from scratch. To improve my game but also to get back the fun in the game.

I will use the gametheory of w34z3l and asimos to start off with and make adjustments. Every few days/ week (depending on time) i will assign myself tasks during my grinding. This blog is mostly to keep me motivated to improving my game and posting hands.

Will start with the microstakes NL10. I think i still have arround €450 in my account so that should be fine. Also still have alot of rb waiting but don't wanna use it to move up.
  • 3 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Pistoleroo

I think that your starting point is very wise -- both the level and the game theory.

NL 10 is the first level where players start to make sense

How much time will you spend playing and how much time studying?

Best of luck,
      VS
    • Pistoleroo
      Pistoleroo
      Silver
      Probably alot of studying at first then gradually test the theory learned. Will make tasks every week to keep track of the progress. This week will start with opening ranges, cold-calling ranges and 3bet ranges. Will use the theory and make adjustments where i deem necesarry. Expect to beat NL10 still quite easy so it is a great limit to start rebuilding my game.

So this week could still be alot of grinding due to this task.
    • cardinhand
      cardinhand
      Basic
      IMO,If you want to go back re-learn Texas Hold'em ,you can try practicing with ace poker drills, it was made for people who just started playing poker but it wont help experience players that much. Works for the first year in learning poker, after that I would suggest a coach.