Introducing Myself!

• Jasning784
      Jasning784
      Basic
      So....where to start? Let's see....

My name is Jas. I'm a 34yr old mother of 4 from NZ. I began playing poker some time ago, but only with play money. I enjoyed it immensely! So I decided to see if I could actually improve my game & learn how to play a bit more seriously, for real money.

I searched the net, & found PokerStars. LOVED it! Obviously, I was just a fish, but I found playing real money games gained me far more experience than the play money ones did. I actually learnt a thing or two & won some money!

Then, I was watching WSOP on TV one day & saw 888 Poker advertised, so I looked them up & joined, taking advantage of their Joining Bonus. At first, I found it a bit hard to get used to after only playing PokerStars, but it didn't take long & I was getting the hang of it. I tried my hand at their tournaments & liked them. I even came 3rd in one of the very small ones a few months ago. I think I started with the $2 they gave me, & it wasn't long till I had over $20. Eventually, I made my first deposit & continued on from there.

After losing a fair amount, I thought I would look for some tutorials or something - I really wanted to be able to play with skill - & found myself back at PokerStars & involved in their Poker School. I learnt LOADS & my game improved almost instantaneously.

Then I found PokerStrategy, simply by chance, while reading some Poker News just yesterday. I've been trying to learn my way around the site ever since. It looks great for learning tons of new stuff & im really excited about the possibilities! I had no idea there were so many online poker websites that have such great reviews. I've also been learning some of the not-so-great ones, & that's helpful too. The forums are a great way of hearing people's personal experiences & opinions. I like that.

So, to conclude, I'm just a beginner poker player looking to improve my game & I'm looking forward to what Poker Strategy has to offer :)
  • 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Jasning784
      So, to conclude, I'm just a beginner poker player looking to improve my game & I'm looking forward to what Poker Strategy has to offer :)
      Hi, Jas,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

Have a look around -- especially at the strategy and video sections.

There is a good article series that can be found in No Limit Hold'em lessons overview

Best of luck,
      VS
    • Jasning784
      Jasning784
      Basic
      Thanks! I've spent the better part of my afternoon reading your articles & they have been very helpful. Can't believe some of the horrendous mistakes I've been making! Oh well, onwards and upwards now ;)