Hi Guys

• RockRoll458
      RockRoll458
      Basic
      Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Came across this great site again a couple months ago. Was trying to follow along with a video series of beginner strategies for beating the micro stakes. Had never really looked at a starting hand chart before, so that was a big help! Just recently started reading some of the basic instructions in the strategy tab and learned a lot already in the last couple days, great stuff in there. Currently I'm playing on a freeroll site, but perhaps will try real money again in the future. Thanks for making some of this info available. :f_drink:
  • 17 replies
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello RockRoll458,

Thank you for the kind words, I am glad that you have found our beginners section helpful.
      Where are you from? In fact, why don't you get yourself added to our Member map. You never know, the nearest PokerStrategist may live right next door. :f_p:
      Something you may find interesting to read is the 5-point plan: From break-even grinder to winning player
      If you are looking to try your hand at some real money games have you checked out our free money promotions to help you build a bankroll yet?
      There is also a TaF (Tell a Friend) promotion which will reward you money to help build your bank roll or buy tools with!
      Many members also have there own blogs to help them track there progress and experiences, for example a good place to visit is the 'Learning to win' forum found here
      When running a blog, you will profit from the following advantages:

• By documenting your progress and career you will increase both your motivation and endurance.
      • You will work on your game automatically by discussing tricky spots with other members.
      • During a downswing you will profit from psychological support and encouragement.
      • With time passing by you will get to know a lot of cool people and even build some friendships.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
      Good luck at the tables.

Regards

Matt
    • cardinhand
      cardinhand
      Basic
      Hi Rock,
      Welcome to pokerstrategy:f_drink:
      people here are very helpful, if you need help with your game play, you can post your hands and people here can help you.
      Read and post for poker advice,software you may need and just chill.:f_pleased:

You should get yourself a HUD, even the free one will do, it will help you a lot playing online.
      Since your playing freerolls , having a HUD makes a big difference.
      and if you plan to play cash games, I suggest you get leak buster, an add-on for HUD (HM2/PT4)that can help you.

Enjoy your time here:f_thumbsup:

Cheers:f_drink:
    • elektrosok
      elektrosok
      Bronze
      I watched it on tv and now i'm writing this just to get tickets :D
    • RockRoll458
      RockRoll458
      Basic
      Matt,

Thank you for the kind welcome and all of the links. Looks like some good information, I will definitely look into the 5 point plan and the Learning to win forum. My wife and I moved to Phoenix, AZ a few years ago. After viewing the map, it seems our nearest neighbor is in Lone Pine, CA.? We drove through Lone Pine three times in the last couple of summers, and I can confirm they do have at least one lone pine in sight. Probably more. :f_biggrin:

Don't really have any software at the moment, so getting a tracker (at a minimum) would be high on my list. I did download the Equilab hand analyser and was playing around with it a little bit.
    • RockRoll458
      RockRoll458
      Basic
      Cardinhand,

Thank you for the nice welcome and advice.

I will look into the things you mentioned. Think I may have read somewhere on another forum about a free hud with basic stats? I"m not currently doing/using anything to get stats or notes on players besides typing out a few occasional notes in notepad. Its very time consuming and seems to be not worth it. But it helps. The site that I have played on does not email your hand histories to you, but you can get a pop-up window to appear after the hand is is finished with hand histories on it.

I use to play on paradise and stars during the 2000's and had a beta version of PT2 with a HUD attached to it, so I'm vaguely familiar with using a tracking program
    • zigmame
      zigmame
      Bronze
      Hi Rock,
      Welcome to pokerstrategy nice to meet you
    • rmatura
      rmatura
      Bronze
      I watched it on tv
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by zigmame
      Hi Rock,
      Welcome to pokerstrategy nice to meet you
      Originally posted by rmatura
      I watched it on tv
      Hey guys,

Welcome to the forums,

What games and limits do you both play? We should be able to link you to some strategy and/or videos specific to what you play. :f_thumbsup:

Where are you both from? In fact, why don't you get yourself added to our Member map. You never know, the nearest PokerStrategist may live right next door. :f_p:

Let us know if you need anything :f_thumbsup:

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • RockRoll458
      RockRoll458
      Basic
      Hi Zigmame, nice to meet you :f_smile:
    • RockRoll458
      RockRoll458
      Basic
      Hello Lazza61.

Hello electrosok

What is this tickets mentioned earlier?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey RockRoll458,

I think electrosok is referring to our Weekly tasks promotions. You can win prizes like $300 credited to either spend at STEAM or paid directly to your T-a-F account, software licences, iPad minis and several smaller prizes paid into your T-a-F account. All for completing some simple tasks.

Regards

Laz
    • RockRoll458
      RockRoll458
      Basic
      Very nice. I did see something about a raffle but this explains it much better, thanks.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by RockRoll458
      Very nice. I did see something about a raffle but this explains it much better, thanks.
      All you really need to do is click that orange number at the top right of the page and it will tell you everything.

• RockRoll458
      RockRoll458
      Basic
      Thank you Lazza. I did see the orange number, but the promotions page explains it quite well.

There are some pretty sweet prizes in there :f_thumbsup:
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi RockRoll458,

Thanks for dropping by on my blog.
      Don't really have any software at the moment, so getting a tracker (at a minimum) would be high on my list. I did download the Equilab hand analyser and was playing around with it a little bit.
      It might be worth having a look at FreePokerDB (FPDB) a free tracker. If you are on Poker Stars there is a tracker called Jarvo that might suit you too.
      You can find a link in the Poker Tools section.

My regards

Matt
    • Froglem
      Froglem
      Bronze
      Nice to meet a new poker player good bless your hands!
    • RockRoll458
      RockRoll458
      Basic
      Thank you Froglem, nice to meet you as well. Good luck to you.