Stack
      Hero:
      $1.85
      UTG1:
      $10.25
      UTG2:
      $6.45

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , 8:spade:
      UTG1 calls $0.10, UTG2 calls $0.10, 6 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.35) 8:diamond: , A:diamond: , K:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.05) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, UTG2 raises to $1.50, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.35

Turn card killed my two pair, should I c/f? My line was to take the pot down cheap, as that king might be scary for villain too. Now when I think after- pot sized bet on flop and then a less than 2/3 bet on turn didn't seems very strong.. But that villain looks like complete psycho, how about a direct turn push?

Jenoc
  • 8 replies
    • Sonydahaka
      Sonydahaka
      Bronze
      Interesting situation, after you raised on the turn you were comitted to the pot so you should call his reraise, i put villan on hands like (KK+,AK in this case you were already preflop behind not to mantion it on the flop or turn, but most of the time villan is a fish a he has probably a Ax hand)
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      If villain has KQ here how would you like him to play it. He can raise PF sure, but limping is ok. Pot bet on that board, he calls to see another card, hit trips on turn and pushes when he feels you are committed. Doesn't look that psychotic to me......NH imo
    • milosx
      milosx
      Bronze
      I think he saw the only card that could have scared you on the turn and that's the second king. He knows he can now re-raise and if you don't have the K you'll fold. If you do, well, he spent $1.50 to try to steal $1.70

Looking at his stats I'd say that it was a bluff, and you have a nice bluff catcher in your hands. Should have used it. If you're wrong and he has a K or a A9+, rebuy.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Basic strategy, NL10, with that two pair you can confidently put all your money in that pot.

And that guy's stats do make it look like he is one of the big fish.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Nh imo. Just bet slightly more on the turn as you already mentioned.

You have only 25 hands on the villain which means stats are more or less useless, but despite that you can tell he is very loose in the preflop play, but his WTS doesn't confirm the same for the postflop game...

However, I think going broke against him is ok if you've seen he's a bad player in case you watched those 25 hands you played with him, but I don't think you did, since SSSers are mostly multitablers. :)
    • stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      Perhaps his low WTS comes from him agressively play the flops and scare away every opponent. I think call him would have been okay. And according to SSS its okay anyway, you're commited and have a made hand.

With just 25 hands you can't say too much about his style and range, but his vp$ip is telling you a lot even for 25 hands...
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Basic strategy, NL10, with that two pair you can confidently put all your money in that pot.

And that guy's stats do make it look like he is one of the big fish.

we do not have a 2pair on the turn!!!!

cf would be standard

bet/fold is actually impossible because of your small stack and bet/call is over the top

so cf turn, your hand is no stronger than A2 here :)
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Oh yeah, my bad.