Moving sites/bonus whoring: How much of you BR do you move?

• mrjorisa
      mrjorisa
      Bronze
      I'm thinking of bonus whoring and checking out the field at the other poker sites out there and was just wondering, is it recommended to move your entire br from site to site to continue playing ur normal stakes or do you only move a certain % of your br and play at a lower limit at the new site to get a feel of the field and just clear the bonus, at the same time continuing to play at your usual site?
  • 9 replies
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Well it takes a while but by the time I get all my money to one place after clearing bonuses with 6 different rooms not including profit it should work out to just under 2K once I make the final deposit. I actually looked into it a lot and picked different rooms for ease of clearing or size of the bonus. If you already have a decent sized bank roll it's not worth it but i have taken small amounts out of the account I started here and have moved it about from room to room and then taken profit and continued to play smaller stakes. Takes longer but I'll end up with a lot more and less variance :D

Once I had the bonus from the original site I mostly stopped playing there. After playing at several it was not what I was looking for. There are 2 maybe 3 I will continue to play at but one i will have my main BR with.
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      If you are tournament player, no. You want to have money to play in all tournaments.

For cash games, yes, move everything. There are some sites that give extra money for free if you deposit A LOT. (I think there is a site that gives you 500$ free if you deposit 25k, + the normal bonuses.)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I don't know what kind of roll/stakes/volume you are talking about, but I think you should contact the VIP support before you move, explain your situation and ask what they have to offer :) . Ipoker is famous for its "exclusive offers" :D
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      I almost never play cash tables, I just played $1-$2 sng's Freerolls and MTT's. Once I had 100 profit I moved it to a new site, kept the 50 at Titan and continued to play and make bonus there, at the new site once you have $150 move 100 again and double it through the next bonus.

Agian this is only for starting out with, for someone with a BR already I do not think it would be worth your while.
    • mrjorisa
      mrjorisa
      Bronze
      I currently play NL50 SH. Was wondering if you guys have any recommendations on good sites with a generous deposit bonus (100% to $500/600) and soft tables. rakeback would be great as well!
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey mrjorisa,

I know erptech is currently clearing the $1,000 bonus on Ladbrokes which is around 80-95% rakeback if you actually can put in that kind of volume (1,5k$ in rake in 1 month). It is quite nice (http://www.pokerstrategy.com/bonus/detail/749/). Additional bonus is the horrible level of play there.

From the assortment of our own bonuses also interesting is the Pacifc Poker bonus due to its immediate $175 instant credit which is granted directly to your account.

We also have several 100/200% up to $500/600 bonuses (some with Rakeback such as PokerKings which is also very soft btw) Just browse the list on the home page or below:

Titan Poker 200% up to $600 bonus!
      PokerStars 100% up to $100 bonus!
      PartyPoker 100% up to $500 bonus!
      Full Tilt Poker 100% up to $600 bonus!
      Mansion Poker 200% up to $600 bonus!
      Everest Poker Up to $200 bonus!
      888.com PacificPoker 125% up to $475 bonus!
      Unibet Poker Up to 40% loyalty bonus every month!
      PokerKings 100% up to 500€ bonus!
      InterPoker 100% up to $500 bonus!
      Ladbrokespoker 100% up to $1,000
      Betfair 100% up to $1,500
      PokerRoom 100% up to $300

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      LadBrokes defeinitly ;)

up to 90% rakeback if you combine the RB + first deposit bonus.
      You are a SH player right?
    • mrjorisa
      mrjorisa
      Bronze
      yes i play NL SH. perhaps I'll check out ladbrokes sometime soon! Thanks for the heads up (:

btw, as I currently play NL50 SH (4 tables for now as I wanna work a bit on my game, hopefully going on to 8-9 tables in the near future) for probably about 4-5 hours a day and maybe about 6-8 hrs avg on weekends, how will the PP rewards be like? Am wondering if I'll generate enough rake to clear the 1k bonus in a month ><
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by mrjorisa
      yes i play NL SH. perhaps I'll check out ladbrokes sometime soon! Thanks for the heads up (:

btw, as I currently play NL50 SH (4 tables for now as I wanna work a bit on my game, hopefully going on to 8-9 tables in the near future) for probably about 4-5 hours a day and maybe about 6-8 hrs avg on weekends, how will the PP rewards be like? Am wondering if I'll generate enough rake to clear the 1k bonus in a month ><
      easily, as long as the rake is similar to other sites.