Webcam verification

• dobryszt0s
      dobryszt0s
      Bronze
      Hi,

I was asked by Neteller to verify my identity by webcam scanning (?) of my face and my ID card. The snag is that before starting my webcam show it was written that I should agree for some comapny to have control over my webcam on a permanent basis. I suppose there is no other option to bypass it, so I want to know if it possible to take it away (the right to control my webcam) from this company once the verification is over?
  • 5 replies
    • Owl64
      Owl64
      Bronze
      Format pc after verification is over.
      Or maybe do a full disc clone and after verification just revert the changes.
      This might not work, but you can also try to install another OS on a virtual machine and verify from there.

I would go with disc cloning.
    • TheMarxBros3
      TheMarxBros3
      Bronze
      This doesn't sound legit to me.
      Why on earth do they need a 3td party to take control of your webcam permanently?
      It has been a long time since I verified with net teller and I realize things change but this still doesn't sound right to me
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Same here. It is not necessary for Neteller or the 3rd party company to have permanent access and/or control over your webcam It's also an invasion of your privacy.
    • dobryszt0s
      dobryszt0s
      Bronze
      So check this out:

The sang is that I have no option to upload photos that are already on my computer, just webcam.

EDIT: As it is not in English I can translate: Access to camera and microphone.

Site static.netverify ask you to allow access to your camera and microphone. By clicking the Allow button, you will enable others recording sound and image by these devices.
    • TheMarxBros3
      TheMarxBros3
      Bronze
      Are you sure this isn't a spoof site masquerading as Netteller?
      It just doesn't sound right to me. I would tell them to either find another way or to piss off and try another method.
      There are a lot of other things you can use.
      Pre-paid Visa, paypal, moneybookers, are 3 different things that come to mind and I am sure there are many other alternatives