[NL2-NL10] NL25 JTo, freeplay

• jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      OH NO... n00b is on NL25.. :)
      Today played my first NL25 session and went pretty well- must be beginners luck :)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.90
      UTG1:
      $33.05

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:club: , T:spade:
      UTG1 calls $0.25, 7 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.60) T:club: , 5:heart: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, UTG1 raises to $32.80 (All-In), Hero folds, UTG1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.80

One thing that scared me- about 20 hands earlier I saw this guy limping pocket kings from UTG, off course I understand he don't has KK every time :) but I decided for fold, what do you think?
  • 7 replies
    • forfree83
      forfree83
      Bronze
      first of all i wouldn't bet that much on such a board. it's very dry so 1/2-2/3 pot size bet would be enough.
      puting villian on a range of pockets you should be a slight favorite, but nighter would i call this push
    • stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      Maybe it's me being sleepy (just woke up) but why did you bet on the flop? You have top pair, no kicker...
    • 2DHades
      2DHades
      Bronze
      I think it`s OK to bet flop but 0.40$ and fold to his push. His UTG range should be 22-99(TT) and depending on your read JJ-AA are also in his limping range. Probably he limps hands like KQ, too. He won`t push every hand of his limping range so we are really behind of his pushing range here so we should fold.
    • jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stefu
      Maybe it's me being sleepy (just woke up) but why did you bet on the flop? You have top pair, no kicker...
      In freeplay situations I continue with top pair J+ kicker, but I'm not sure that this is the one and only right decision, some people advise to continue with Q or even K kicker. I think this might somehow depend of number of opponents and their playing style.
    • stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      Hm okay, maybe you're right... I just play with Q kicker or higher.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Against UTG limper I would normally play with TPTK, however agaisnt CO/BU limper I would have gone broke.

Considering you have a read he limps monsters from early, then you should give villain some more respect on the flop and only continue with 2-pair+ imo.

About the flop bet size, I think potsize is alright, because you want to start building unraised pot fast.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Jenoc,

If you decide to go for it, go for it! If not, don't bet then :)

On my limits I see Villains make these plays with 2 OCs at some point but reads are more important in these situations but don't play bet/fold because you lose money with that.

Best regards,
      Gerv