This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 KQo, resteal

• jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.65
      BU:
      $24.75

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , Q:heart:
      4 folds, BU raises to $1.00, SB folds, Hero raises to $4.65 (All-In), BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.10

According to "Steals and resteals" article I can resteal here. Is 74 hands enough to make such decisions?
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Jenoc,

Easy muck as you need 250+ hands to guess an ATS of Villain and <100 hands is simply not enough because that mostly represents 10 orbits of which some are already 'limped' thus HEM/PT/Elephant doesnt see it as ATS. So you only got like 5 actions of which BU decides an ORL or so.

Happy New Year,
      Gerv
    • EladNotHome
      EladNotHome
      Bronze
      how can i change the hud in the elephant program so i can see these stats?
    • jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      EladNotHome,

I'm using PT3, and elephant only for hand posting in forum (best hand posting tool I ever seen!) So I'm not really sure about elephant, but I think this stats (if you mean ATS- the same in elephant- ORL) are shoved by default if you choose expert mode in HUD settings, so you don't need to add anything.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hello Jenoc,

Easy muck as you need 250+ hands to guess an ATS of Villain and <100 hands is simply not enough because that mostly represents 10 orbits of which some are already 'limped' thus HEM/PT/Elephant doesnt see it as ATS. So you only got like 5 actions of which BU decides an ORL or so.

Happy New Year,
      Gerv
      If you use PT3 there are a couple of ways of displaying ATS of the form x (y/z) where x= ATS%, y= number of steals attempted, z=number of steal opportunities. This can let us know how robust ATS stats (and others) are at a glance since the number of opportunities is also taken into consideration.

eg. ATS=50% (1/2) and we give this guy some credit provisionally when he raises our blind.

ATS=44% (40/90) and this guy is almost certainly too much of a blind-thief.