Waiting lists feature not available anymore on iPoker ?

• kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      Hi,

I have been unable to join any waiting list for CG tables on Betfair. I contacted the support and I was told that waiting lists are no longer available on Betfair. I asked them if this measurement is carried out for other iPoker sites as well but they could'nt answer.

I wonder if anyone is able to join any waiting list on any iPoker site ?
  • 6 replies
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      The same on Betfred also. It can take ages to load just a few tables because of the bottle neck of players waiting to join a new table. Absolute freaking idiots at ipoker. A pity they don't utilize Full Tilt's system because joining the action there only takes a few seconds.
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      if this is not a joke then ipoker is seriously considering to die fast :D
    • rompas
      rompas
      Hi guys,

I think with the new version of Ipoker (which yet is not availible for Betfair) the waiting list function is gone and for us playing at the old client the waiting list is disabled at all skins what i can see.

/Rompas
    • poompah
      poompah
      Bronze
      Can confirm this -- the feature is disabled (in a really annoying way -- the buttons are still there and you can join a list but then get thrown off it!).
      iPoker has decided to move to a *waiting pool* system whereby you join a list of players waiting to join games -- but you cannot select tables and are allocated on an as-available basis. When a seat opens on any table the next player in the pool gets on it.

It is possible to do this now -- but it means you get 1 seat then have to rejoin the list at the end -- then get one more seat etc. SLOW!!

It is a horrible *feature* and is designed to stop any kind of *table selection*. In truth it wont -- it just takes much longer to find good spots as you sit out of more tables.

The long-term effect of this is unknown -- it seems that Party/bwin also have gone down this path -- it supposedly protects bad players from being *bum-hunted* but this is easily managed in other ways -- such as beginner tables, not having a search feature and making players anonymous until you are dealt in. Or better still -- give new players better bonuses!
      Some sites are now banning tracking software of all kinds.
      It is a time of transition -- expect some random and stupid things to happen as the smaller sites scramble for the crumbs left by Pokerstars -- who do not yet see the need for such extreme measures and they have a very successful model !!!

Apparently this is all in the name of keeping the poker economy healthy! =letting bad players keep their money longer

There is no other industry I can think of where regular customers are treated with such disrespect. IMO the reason the poker economy is suffering is because of Black Friday and the ridiculous regulations being imposed by different countries (like France, Belgium, Italy, the UK) which divides the poker population and increases the administration costs for the sites (and so rake or less rakeback) for the players.

The re-entry of the USA and a more standardized regulatory framework will help tremendously to re-invigorate the poker economy. In the meantime expect a return to frontier-style shoot-outs between the smaller sites as they try to stay afloat...
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      There's no waiting pool system on the new software at both Betfred and Betfair. But I hope they do implement one. I also wish they ban HUDs. Not that I need one. I only play 3 or 4 tables at a time, and use good old fashioned tells for the hands that I play.
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      So the thing is real, I was hoping it wasn't, but what can you do... Einstein once said that two things are infinite, now this move is one of those. No its not the universe.