Heya guys

• RedFoxyBam
      RedFoxyBam
      Silver
      My name is Goncalo :f_drink: , I played poker a couple of times before, did it for several months but on the end always finished in bankrupt I think 2 time now, and on the last I decided my self that I wouldn't play it again, until one day I start reading a book, Treat your poker as a busyness , My opinion in those "bad days" were because I always attach emotionally to the game, that it is a very bad thing.

Anyway, I subscribe to you guys cuz Im looking to improve my game, and if possible in the future make poker my life time earning, I know that I have a long way to go but Im looking forward to start, and Im motivated...

I see you guys around, and Im searching for a group as well to start trading opinions and experiences.

My best regards :f_grin:
  • 9 replies
    • FastTitanStrategies
      FastTitanStrategies
      Bronze
      Best of luck :P
    • RedFoxyBam
      RedFoxyBam
      Silver
      Thank you FastTitan :f_thumbsup:

Best of luck for you and all, keep up the learning, skill is more required than luck ;)
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Study your ass off for a week or two and you're on the right track. Good luck!
    • RedHeater
      RedHeater
      Bronze
      Good luck. I would take a look at the strategy articles on here, and start at very low stakes so if you lose while you are learning it won't be too serious.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello Goncalo

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

What kind of games your normal play SNG’s, tournaments, cash games and/or other format than No limit hold’em? If I know this I can help you better.

It looks like your still a basic member and then you can use 1 or more of our free money offers on poker rooms you don’t have an account yet.

Further I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • RedFoxyBam
      RedFoxyBam
      Silver
      Originally posted by RedHeater
      Good luck. I would take a look at the strategy articles on here, and start at very low stakes so if you lose while you are learning it won't be too serious.
      Thanks, I have already started the basics, I did before as well, just need to get back on track again, need to remember some basics a lot, dont play for a while... I did read some books (Theory of poker"too advenced", Super system"Doyle Brunson") . So Im studying and palying 50/50 so I can back on track, and from now on is going to get to the top, goal by goal, my first goal is to do $100 bankroll Until March I think it is enough time to do it. xD

Originally posted by SDK1987
      Hello Goncalo

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

What kind of games your normal play SNG’s, tournaments, cash games and/or other format than No limit hold’em? If I know this I can help you better.

It looks like your still a basic member and then you can use 1 or more of our free money offers on poker rooms you don’t have an account yet.

Further I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
      thanks, :f_drink:

Im more into cash games, Im a pretty aggressive type of player, I noticed that I attach to much to my hands to and thats what made me go badly many times, even knowing that my opponent had made a hand, anyway Im here to improve my poker game, In 6 months I would like to stop at least full time job and start doing part-time professional poker meantime I do Part-time job, and graddually get to full-time poker and enjoy life better aswell, thats what I would like to do, so advices are more than welcome cuz I want really to improve. :f_biggrin:
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hi RedFoxyBam,

It's great that you try to find a balance between studying the game and playing. A lot of people are treading water because they focus too much on grinding and putting volume in, rather than improving their game. Of course, there are also players who study so much that they may end up forgetting to put their knowledge to the test at the tables, but that's less common.

If you haven't already, make sure to check out our Overview of NL Hold'em lessons.

Do you have any bankroll management guidelines? This is an essential part of your game, some might even say it could be more important than your actual strategy.

Also, good luck on your goal of getting a steady second income through poker! Progress may seem slow at first and there will surely be a lot of swings, but if you stay at it, you should be able to pull it off. A lot of people over here have done it already. Just keep in mind that you need a reasonably big sample of hands before you can make predictions about your true winrate, which you will need to do before you make any big decisions about your career.
    • RedFoxyBam
      RedFoxyBam
      Silver
      Originally posted by Harrier88
      Hi RedFoxyBam,

It's great that you try to find a balance between studying the game and playing. A lot of people are treading water because they focus too much on grinding and putting volume in, rather than improving their game. Of course, there are also players who study so much that they may end up forgetting to put their knowledge to the test at the tables, but that's less common.

If you haven't already, make sure to check out our Overview of NL Hold'em lessons.

Do you have any bankroll management guidelines? This is an essential part of your game, some might even say it could be more important than your actual strategy.

Also, good luck on your goal of getting a steady second income through poker! Progress may seem slow at first and there will surely be a lot of swings, but if you stay at it, you should be able to pull it off. A lot of people over here have done it already. Just keep in mind that you need a reasonably big sample of hands before you can make predictions about your true winrate, which you will need to do before you make any big decisions about your career.
      Hii Harrier88,

I will have a look in the NL lessons once I finish Basics, cuz I have a lot to remember, and for the bankroll I have a some major knowledge but have to read it again.

Thank you very much for the advices, appreciate that, and I had a quick look on the NL hold'em lessons they look cool when you see witch kind of skill you have to have on witch Limits, loving it xD
    • djeambeam
      djeambeam
      Bronze
      niice to see u.