Nl100 + Nl50

• finchybg

I had to move down from NL100 where I had another 10+ buy ins downswing but lost my data because I had my HDD changed.

This is devastating, honestly. Will it return in an upswing of the same calibre? Is any kind of recovery possible? January I am gonna play a lot and I hope that I win some back - anyway, January is my last month playing poker seriously.
  • 4 replies
    • Kruppe
      you're obviously good enough to beat NL100, so as long as you're not tilting too much, there's no reall problem. (I know it's annoying though.)

If you have a hard time dealing with switching down and playing on, you can change your BRM for the future. I had a 26BI downswing at NL50SH, and still had enough at the end, for example.

Also, you can make a bigger change to the format you're playing, instead of playing on at the the same format, with the only difference being limits.

One option is playing 8+ tables of NL25 FR without stats. The idea is that you can just sit back and take it easy, completely relax, not constantly look at stats, and just wait for interesting postflop situations, so you can work at your game (you have to pretend that your opponent isn't retarded, of course :) ). This will be quite profitable, too, despite not needing a big BR.

Another option is to change to something like NL25 SH deep, i.e. 200BB stacks. This is good because having 200BB effective stacks completely changes how you should play in a lot of situations, so you can learn new strategy, and it gives you a bigger edge over players that are weak postflop. Again, this is quite profitable despite only being 10c/25c.

Or just bankroll build with HU sngs.

• finchybg
      thanks for the reply
      anyway i'm going down even more.
    • finchybg
      From NL100 to NL20 - History of a downswing

here u can see the whole downswing in pictures, totaled almost 40 buyins ;)
      fortunately there is a little sign of recovery (2 days I'm up :D ), I hope its over, at least the most severe part.
    • erptech
      finchy sorry to hear that about your losses,
      anyway I know that you play on Ladbrokes and I saw you many times there, on NL50, you seemed to do fine.
      Anyway, I can say that there is a great difference in the skill of players on NL100 and NL50 on Ladbrokes.
      There is more regulars on NL100 and there are even some shortstackers that are rake racing, so you must be careful with them as they will often shove and isolate you.
      I also had 10+ BI downswing last 3 days on NL100 but I guess it has something to do with adapting to a new level...