This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Trash talking during Donk Fest

• TheDoctor64
      TheDoctor64
      Bronze
      Hi,

Haven't been on here for a while, but thought I should watch a few videos and read a few more articles!

And join in the conversation....

I am pretty chilled, seen enough bad beats to know that if I got it in good and get sucked out enough times, eventually my time will come.

So my question to you is, have you ever been inspired by a trash talker?

Recently, I played a $2.20 Donk fest satellite on 888 where the winner got a $160 satellite to XL Main event $1050 - a hyper aggressive, turbo MTT event.

After a while I was getting abused in chat by a big stack player and I thought, F*** you, I am at least going to get some of your chips!

That didn't happen for a while as I didn't tilt, but played (IMHO) good poker, but eventually I dominated the trash talker and eventually went on to win against a player who was shockingly bad at head-2-head!

I wasn't expecting to win and afterwards wasn't sure why I bothered to enter, but his trash talking inspired me.

Ever been inspired by trash talkers?

TheDoctor

P.S. You can't get tournament tickets on 888 so had to play the $160 satellite - 14 competitors, 2 tickets - won that as well! Roll on May 22nd!
  • 5 replies