My story - back to NL50 SH

• radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      What's that?
      Hi everyone,
      New Year is a great time to start doing things you've always wanted to do but didn't have enough time or just was to lazy. For me, a poker blog is one of those things. I've been thinking about giving it a shot for some time now but it never got too serious. You see, I'm not the most well-organized guy, I make lots of on-the-spot decisions, I've never made a "to do" list in my life and it's just so difficult for me to make a plan and then follow it step by step. Or 'boring' would be better word here than 'difficult'. This alone gives me a bad start as a poker player, but hey - nobody's perfect. On the other hand I really want to learn something and improve my game and since it's impossible without even a small bit of organisation I've decided that a blog will be a good start.

Who is he?
      If I hope someone will read what I'm going to write in this thread from time to time I have to introduce myself. My name is Peter, I'm 23 year old and I live in Cracow, Poland. Currently I'm studying logistics and production engineering, preparing to write my thesis and since july also having an almost fult-time job. This plus private live doesn't leave too much time for poker, but I'm trying to find an hour or two to play some tables as often as possible.

How did it all begin?
      My poker story is rather short (thank God, writing on a hangover is not as pleasant as it seemed). I was introduced to the game by a friend of mine with whom I've played my first several hands of no limit Hold'em. To be true, I've played Five Card draw before as a kid with a short deck (only 9 and higher, full houses were quite a standard hand) and without any betting. Sounds like fun, huh? :) I was quite sceptical about online play as it look vary hazardous to me, but finally I've been convinced and signed up on pokerstrategy.com and created an account on PartyPoker which was said to have lots of low level players and nice bonuses. Then I received my 50$ starting capital and I realized it's not a joke - those guys actually gave me real money, let's not screw it up :) . I've started to play as short stack on NL10, pretty standard approach I guess, was even for a couple of days and then lost about half of the bankroll to bad play and lack of patience. A friend who was encouraging me to try and play bss all the time (I didnt want to do that before I can prove myself as a sss player and make a 100$ as a bss starting capital for NL5) started to coach me then when I finally gave up and agreed to play fullstack and suddenly I've made over 10$ in one session and got first part of a bonus from ps.com worth 25$ and my bankroll almost tripled up. That impressed me a lot and I started to read articles for bss and started playing it with various successes. I've been a losing player for a long time with bonuses keeping me even but in december when I took a month off my job to focus more on my studies and therefore was not sitting down to a game of poker after whole day out, tired, angry and thinking about lots of different things, I finally was able to make a steady progress and basically end each session with few $ profit.
      (If someone made it here, I'm sorry for my english and for a lack of sense possibly, I sometimes just write what comes across my mind and don't know if it all holds up together, I just hope you're still able to figure out what I've written so far :) ).
      In a live games I have almost no experience, I played few times just to have a good time with friends and drink a beer in a good company, not to think about my game.

What's the point?
      Well, I don't want to set myself specific goals like reaching a fixed bankroll in a fixed time or climbing to a fixed limit in a fixed time or just doing something in a fixed time. It's not just my style, and it would kinda irritate me if I couldn't reach those goals for some reason. One of them is that the exam time comes on my university and I'm getting back to my job so I won't have a lot of time for poker.
      What I want to achieve is: be happy with my play. Be it any limit, I just want to feel that I did a good job playing every hand. Means to achieve the goal: reading articles, posting and discussing hands, keeping this blog alive.
      I will try to write about my general thoughts about poker, things that helped me to improve my game and what I think is important when you start your play and try to move up the limits. I hope some less experienced players like myself who are playng on lower stakes can find some useful thoughts here that could help them improve their own game. I will also appreciate your comments and will be grateful for any feedback. Of course I'll post some sample hands, and maybe some graphs as well to have a general overview of how's my career developing.

So far so good. I wish everyone a happy New Year. Don't be afraid to fold at the poker table and don't be afraid to go all-in in your private lives :) .
  • 88 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I'm very happy at the moment about how my poker career developes. I've been playing NL5 for a long time and wa break-even almost all of the time till December when I focused more on my play and was finally able to make some real profit and get my bankroll ready for NL10. I'm a bit conservative about my bankroll management and wanted to build it up to something between 250$ and 300$ before going up a limit. I was around 200$ all the time, but then in less then one month I've managed to earn over 70$ with 7,83 BB/100 hands which was a first sign of progress. Then I switched to NL10 on 28th of December or so and till yesterday I've earned over 90$ with over 25 BB/100 hands. And that made me really excited.

Still I'm wondering if that's all thanks to my good play or is it just an upswing. I've made some stupid mistakes which I'm very aware of, not to mention some lesser flaws and imperfections which I'm not able to see myself. I won some coolers like set over set or straight over set, but I've also lost some. And the sample size on that limit is veeery small as I played less than 4000 hands.

Anyway, I'm not going to play more than 4 tables for now (6 was max I've been playing on NL5) and try not to lose my focus.

Talking about coolers, I've found out why it's so important to always rebuy to maximum when you play BSS. One hand I call a raise with pocket fives for set value and two other people call as well. We're heading to a flop 9 high and everybody checks. On the turn the 5 comes completing my set. Preflop raiser leads, I raise, he goes all-in and I call. He had a set of 9 from the very beginning but thankfully he was a middlestack and I just lost about half of my stack. The other time I hit my set of 9s on A-high board after raising pf with two callers, I place a standard cbet and get one call. On turn the 8 comes and the guy raises my bet, I shove, he calls and I win over 10$ with my set of 9's over his set of 8's. Set over set is rare, but after losing one and winning one I'm still over 5$ ahead just because I always play with full stack when others do not. It really gets to me when I can count in cash how much it's worth.

I'm going to play some tables today as well, cause luckilly I don't have to work today :) . I got up early to catch a bus to work, but when I arrived there were like 3 people in the whole office and my boss told me I don't have to start today since with so few people nothing can be done anyway. Lucky me.

My short term goal: earn 100 party points to get an entry to 10.000$ guaranteed tournament on partypoker. I'm a terrible tournament player but I can always give it a try.
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      hi radyan111, great blog so far, you seem to have all of the right disciplines to go far and i'm sure you will have a great poker career. I also play NL10 BSS although i have just made the switch to SH. While multi tabling is good its always important not to go in over you're head so nice move for reducing the number of tables when you moved up the limits.

I to see lots of players that do not rebuy upto $10 and i just feel like it's a waste, that's one of the most important things i find, nothing worse than hitting the nuts against someone with $30 on the table and realising you only have $6 because you didn't rebuy upto $10, that's just a waste of $4 everytime.

I will keep a regular eye on this blog and hopefully it will improve my game to, keep up the good work and keep us all informed on you're progress
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Hi gaz, thanks for your positive feedback, it's really nice to hear that someone reads this :) .

My yesterday session was not as good as some of the previous ones, but it ended with over 12$ profit with over 11BB/100 hands so I'm quite happy with the results. Thankfully there are as many donks on NL10 as there are on NL5 so I've been able to play hands like this one:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,00
      MP3:
      $31,38

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with K:spade: , K:heart:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 3 folds, MP3 raises to $0,90, 4 folds, Hero raises to $4,10, MP3 raises to $31,38 (All-In), Hero calls $5,90 (All-In).

Flop: ($41,53) K:diamond: , 3:club: , J:heart:
      Turn: ($41,53) 8:spade:
      River: ($41,53) T:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $41,53

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, kings (Ks Kh)
      MP3 shows a pair, nines (9d 9c)

Hero wins with three of a kind, kings (Ks Kh)

I was called a lucky bastard after the showdown and the guy quit. Not fast enough to get himself noted though.

The other one ended up on my buddylist with his 97%vpip - the guy was calling every raise (only folding to 3bets before him) and was a gold mine for me as I was sitting directly to his right.

The thing I'm most happy about is that I made some good laydowns. I've noticed that it used to be a big leak of mine, I was just not able to fold a top pair before commiting myslef to the pot. That still costs me a lot of money I think but I'm sure I'm getting better at it. Posted some of those hands on the hands discussion forum and the judges opinions confirmed me that most of these decisions were correct. Actually, I think that when I'm making those laydowns it's a sign that I'm playing close to my A-game. If I can fold my AK top-pair hand or a weak two pair in a multiway pot I'm usually happy about it. I'm aware that some of those may be mistakes but I really don't need to win every marginal situation to be profitable on NL10. It's just better to be a bit on a safer side. Things could go a lot worse if I start to make some more "advanced" (in my opinion) plays and try to out-smart my opponents without sufficient skills and experience. Firstly, it can easily be -EV in the long run, secondly it increases the variance for sure and I don't really need that, and finally some bad beats and losses in such spots can only put me on tilt and lead to even worse play.

I've been reading some poker books recently and I think Sklansky wrote about the fact, that avoided losses are your profit. That's so true IMO. Just need to watch not to take it too far and start folding best hands too often. Sklansky had some more really nice thoughts in his book and I'll try to write something about them in here in the later entries.

The thing I need to work on is folding big overpairs like AA or KK postflop. These are the hands that I most easily go broke with even when I'm almost sure I'm behind, I just can't fold them. So what I'm going to do is to re-read some articles and watch a video about playing overpairs (I guess there is one), learn something and incorporate it into my play.

I doubt I'll be able to qualify to the 10000$ guaranteed freeroll though, I'm not playing enough hands.

Re:
      Pete
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      i think that's the next video on my list 2, i lose quite a bit with overpairs, raised from CO last night and BB called, i had AA, 3 low cards came out i bet he raised so i pushed him he turned over 22 with 2 on flop, $14 gone. I have just started folding tptk its hard to do but immediatly shows an improvement in you're game, keep up the good work radyan
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I'm very disappointed in the last session. I think I've been playing quite well but the session ended with over 12$ loss over 1350 hands, so now the time has come to analyse my game and I think there is some heavy handposting incoming.

I guess some statistical data should also be presented here in this blog so I decided to post my graph since entering NL10 and my most important statistics. Wonder what do you think about that.

And the stats:
      Hands: 6557
      VP$IP: 13,7%
      PFR: 10,5%
      3bet: 3%
      Openraise LP: 24,4%
      Fold SB to steal: 90,4%
      Fold BB to steal: 87,3%
      AF: 3,0
      WTSD: 24,2%
      W$@SD: 54,7%
      BB/100 hands: 14,2

I think I'll be updating this data from time to time to keep track of how's it all going.

There's one more thing that's on my mind right now and it's table selection. I didn't use that at all on NL5 but since there are so many shortstacks on NL10 it has become one of the most important factors in the game. In the beginning when I was looking for a good table I concentrated on the average pot and average no. of players on flop - the higher the better. Now I start to ignore those values and I watch just for number of shortstacks on the table. I take a seat if there are 3 or less of them. It can take me up to 10 or 15minutes even to find myself enough good tables but I think it's worth it. What's more, I now try to keep track of how the number of shortstacks changes throughout the game. There were some situations when I sat down at a table with just one or two shortstacks and then after some time I realised there's 5 of them, 3 more middlestacks and just one fullstack who's not giving any action. Not the most profitable situation. So now I leave table anytime I feel the number of sss players is too big.

I try to adjust my play to those conditions e.g. I steal lighter against shortstacks and I fold my AQs to his raise from early or middle position, but sometimes hands like this one happen:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $1,85
      Hero:
      $12,75

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , K:spade:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0,40, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2,00, 2 folds, MP2 calls $1,45 (All-In).

Flop: ($4,00) 7:club: , 5:diamond: , J:diamond:
      Turn: ($4,00) 9:diamond:
      River: ($4,00) 6:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,00

Hero shows high card, ace, king kicker (Ah Ks)
      MP2 shows flush, king high (Kd As)

MP2 wins with flush, king high (Kd As)

Discouraging.

The good news however is that I qualified for 10.000$ guaranteed tournament tonight. I don't have high expectations cause like I said earlier I suck at tournaments, but maybe I'll be able to increasy my bankroll a bit.

Re:
      Pete
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      table selection is very important, the most important thing like you say is little or no shortstacks, and that the table is not too tight. I know its hard but try not to get too discouraged, just analyze the session, post hands, get the feedback then move on using what you learnt from it and try not to let the negative emotions affect you're game
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Hi!

It's been a long day for me today, first day at work since November and the greeting was something like "Hi Pete, so nice you're back, just look how much work we got for you here!". What's more, the weather is so awful here today, I didn't even wanted to get up in the morning.

But yesterday I had my first success in the tournament play - I've finished in the money (35th place) in 10000$ guaranteed party poker freeroll and earned 34$ :) . I'm very happy although I made some terrible plays. If some tournament player reads this he may as well end here to avoid getting angry :) .

One of the first hands of the tournament I got pocket Jacks and raised, got re-raised by the player from middle position, I shoved and he called ( my first great play :P ). Luckilly for me he showed AQo and I wasn't doomed yet. Flop comes down and the first card I notice is a Queen so I think to myself "I'm out in the third hand, nooo!", but then I see that the other cards are Jack and ten, so it means I've hit my set and I'm delighted :) . On the turn comes King and he makes his straight. And then another 10 shows up and I make my full house. Phew. It was close.

I was pretty mad at myself cause I was sure the correct play was to muck my Jacks to his reraise and I was talking myself out of shoving in such spots. Just then the guy directly shoves from UTG for almost 5000 chips which was a little less than I had while I have pocket queens. And I folded them. The second great move, but I was sure he had AA or KK, couldn't imagine him doing it with other hands. He gets called by the guy who lost his AQ vs me few hands before and is down to just a few big blinds and it turns out that the guy who shoved had 23s. God, how angry I was when I saw that! I would have had around 10000 chips after one and a half round! He was a very ballsy player though cause he repeated his move of direct shoving but this time I happened to hold KK :) which I was never gonna fold. He had AJ this time but my kings held up and doubled up to almost 11000chips. That set me up for a long time.

The next important hand was TT with which I coldcalled a raise from utg. Undercards come on the flop (8-high) and he bets. I didn't have a clue where I was so I raised his bet. He thought a lot and shoved and I folded. I'm happy with that play, however I lost a half of my stack and was somewhere around average.

I won a hand with AT against AJ or AQ and doubled up, then doubled up through a maniac who entered every hand and was never giving up at least until the turn (I hit trips in a free play from BB). It made my stack a bit healthier but then I was card dead for a looong time, the blinds were increasing and the bubble war began. Luckilly I survived until it broke and players suddenly started to play looser and I was able to double up once with AKs, I've been stealing and re-stealing a few times and had over 100.000 chips with 50 players left. Then the worst hand of the tourney came - I had 64o in the bb and got a freeplay heads up, the flop comes 884 rainbow. He checks, I check. Deuce on the turn, he checks, I decide to bet, he minraises and I call. 5 on the river he bets and I call again and he shows A8 and cripples my stack. I keep getting trash and with blinds worth of 12000 I have something like 4BB left. The only decent hand I got was J8s from UTG which I should have pushed I guess cause still had some fold equity left. But I folded and the next hand I had to post a blind which made my stack of 30000 chips far to small to scare aways guys with average stack of almost 200000 so I was busted with my Q9 with AJ and that's it.

The result is far more better than my play, but anyway I'm happy that I took a part. I definetely gonna try again if such an occasion occurs, but I'm gonna focus on cash games for now.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Wooo! I'm gold! Didn't expect that at all, I don't track my trategy points count, but I've been playing quite a lot lately.

I expect to lose it fast though cause I'm getting more and more busy with my private life so I have to read and see as much of the advanced content as possible.

My last two sessions were awesome: the first one 26,37$ up with almost 40BB/100 hands, the other one 33,64$ up with almost 59BB/100 hands. Sick. I actually ended the last one before I planned cause I got scared of playing too loose or too crazy due to such a big winnings :o. I need to keep my head cool. And it's not so easy, cause with the itm finish in the freeroll I've earned almost 100$ in two days and that's sooo much for me, don't want to feel over-confident.

The good thing is that I got some criticism on my hands from the losing session, so I have something to think about.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      nice :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Pete,

Congrats on the sessions, Gold status & above all else your blog. Great read, keep up the good work.

Bart
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Thanks for your comments guys!

I haven't played much recently so there were no updates to this blog as well. I just played one short session this week and it's been a pretty bad one. I played in the evening, after whole day in work, I was pretty tired and couldn't keep my concentration. That's one of the worst things that could happen to me, I immediately start to make some weird plays I'm not used to, I'm missing some important facts and reads - all this adds up to my losses. I should keep that in mind - don't play when you're tired.

I was planning to play a little today, but I'm not sure it's going to happen. I went skiing yesterday and the slope was steep and badly prepared with lots of ice all around, so quite a big challenge for me on my first skiing season since I was in highschool. It was fun, but today my legs and my back are killing me.

Maybe I should take a little advantage from that and focus on improving my theoretical knowledge, I still have some gold articles to read after all.

Re:
      Pete
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Hi,

I played two sessions since the last update, first one ending with 2BI loss, the second one with 1BI profit. I've been quite happy with my play, but I wasn't able to win many big pots. Great deal of my profit was made by this hand:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $10,72
      UTG1:
      $10,40
      Hero:
      $10,80
      CO:
      $9,85

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 5:heart: , 5:diamond:
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0,10, Hero calls $0,10, 3 folds, CO raises to $0,65, 2 folds, BB calls $0,55, UTG1 calls $0,55, Hero calls $0,55.

Flop: ($2,65) 6:diamond: , 2:club: , 3:club: (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($2,65) 4:spade: (4 players)
      BB bets $0,50, UTG1 calls $0,50, Hero raises to $2,50, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $2,00.

River: ($8,15) 8:spade: (2 players)
      UTG1 raises $7,25 (All-In), Hero calls $7,25.

Final Pot: $22,65

Hero shows straight, six high (5h 5d)
      UTG1 shows three of a kind, threes (3h 3d)

Hero wins with straight, six high (5h 5d)

That's a reason not to slowplay your sets.

Also, I've read some gold articles and re-read some of the silver ones. I hope it'll help me to fix some leaks.

I'm pretty sure I'll beat this limit, but my most important goal is to stabilize my game as much as it's possible. I feel I'm making too many sub-optimal decisions, I try to be tricky too many times - I want to try to avoid it and just try to work out routine plays for some standard and frequent postflop situation.

PS. I started to try to learn some chip tricks :) . Right now I can do a chip shuffle, one finger flip and a thumb flip, but I need to practice them a little more until I do them without thinking. It's great thing to do while you play, but it's highly addictive ;) .
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I'm not playing too much recently but I've managed to play some hands today. The session ended with profit, which was nice, however two more important things happened. Firstly I've got my first direct preflop shoves on NL10 (after 10000 hands ;) ), I won the first one with KK over QQ and lost the second with AA vs KK - 50/50 is not that bad ;) . The second thing is that I was playing on two tables with hasenbraten ;) . Guess he's trying to get some content to make a new super-cool-video for the fish like me on lower stakes so maybe I'll make an appearance. Just wonder how fishy I look from the 3rd person view, heh :)

I played 9 hands of a freeroll today as well, got AK (4 callers, no hit on the flop), AQ (the same, except I got 2 callers) and QQ (two callers, I hit a set and go all-in on the turn, the guy shows me J9o and makes a straight, coolie).

And here's my graph on NL10 so far:

And the update of my stats:
      Hands: 10918
      VP$IP: 13,3%
      PFR: 10,4%
      ORLP: 26,9%
      FoldSBtoSteal: 94%
      FoldBBtoSteal: 89,6%
      AF: 3,2 (flop 5,5 turn 2,4 river 1,5)
      WTS: 23,8%
      W$SD: 53,9%
      3bet: 3%

What do you guys think about them, are they ok? Where's the most place for improvement?
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Geez, I have to stop playing when I'm tired, it's starting to cost me too much.

What I've discovered lately is that the players' level is significantly lower on the Speed tables, or maybe that's just my impression after few sessions. I started to play 2 speed tables rather than 4 or 6 normal and my results improved a lot. I have time to take notes on players and focus more on what's going on around the table when I'm not playing my hand. Those reads are very helpful. And as I said earlier the players seem to play worse, I haven'y played much but I've spotted some big fishes already.

Today I played a couple of hands on speed tables too, very nice profit I made, but the Aces just kept coming to me :) . I've got AA 6 or 7 times in just a few hundreds of hands, I guess about 300 or 400. One hand I cought a AK guy on an A-high board and doubled up for almost 130BB. They seem to easily go broke with tptk there.

I'm only angry at one hand today, I refused to give up my TT on AA9 board after villain called my cbet and it turned out he had trips. I shoud've given up, but I called his small bets on turn and river and lost more that I should.

Well, I think I'm gonna play some more today, I feel really good about my play right now even though my bankroll stays at around 460$ for the last several days.

GL at the tables everyone.

Re:
      Pete
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm not updating the blog as frequently as before but nothing is really going on in my poker career. I don't play much and if I do nothing interesting happens.

I made a decision to try and start playing some sit'n'goes on other site than Party. Two reasons: I don't need to have so much time to play a sit'n'go tournament and it's easier to stay focused when you have just one or two tables opened at the same time. So if I have some time in the evening I'm gonna play sng's and on weekends I'll try to grind that NL10 on party finally.

Let's hope I'll be able to put my plan into practice.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Hi,

A few steps have been made towards starting my SNG career on PokerStars. I've got an account and currently I'm trying to get used to a new software. I have to wait for a deposit though, cause a bank transfer to moneybookers takes a few days, but no hurry, I can use that time to learn some theory and prepare myself mentally. :)

I've read some articles and I can feel right now that I'll have troubles with sticking to that tight starting hands charts, I'm used to a looser preflop play. Just a little patience is what I'll need I think.

The other thing I've done is installing an ICM Trainer and running two trainings of 100 sample hands to see how's it going. My first training was 82% and the second one 94% correct decisions. Lots of mistakes came from the "any two push" situations, I just see 42o and I can't press push somehow :) . I need to learn how to identify such spots and not be afraid to shove.

And if some sng player reads this - what % of correct answers in ICM Trainer I need to be able to beat lowest buy-in stg's on PokerStars?

Re:
      Pete
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      What a bad session this was! I lost over two buy-ins in 100 hands or so. First one was my bad play (couldn't fold TT overpair with the flushdraw on monoflop and lost to a pair of jacks, which had the draw as well), then I floped top pair + flushdraw with my KQ of hearts and when the jack completed my flush I decided to play for stacks only to lose to AT of hearts. That's just a bad bit I guess but I knew I was going on tilt so stopped playing immediately right there.

On the other hand I made my first deposit on Stars today and played my two first 3,40$ turbo SNGs. I placed 10th in the first one with my AKs hitting tptk+flushdraw against AA. The second one was a bit better though and I've finished 2nd. Funny thing was that when we went heads up the very first hand I've been dealt was QQ - I raise, he reraises, I happily shove and find out I'm against AA once more :) . I was left with 1500 chips to his 13000 and the next hand I'm dealt 64o in the BB, he completes, I check and the flop comes J64. I get it all-in there and he shows me J6o. Nice one.

Anyway, I'm still happy to see, that I pay lower fee than on party (3,4$ rather than 3,6$) and I can win more (first place gets 15$ rather than 12$). One hell of a difference I have to say.

I've also borrowed a book from a friend of mine dealing with the topic of SNG's. The author is Collin Moshman and my buddy says it's good so I'm gonna give it a try.

Re:
      Pete
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      PokerStars SNG
      I've started to grind the 1+0,2$ sng on Stars and I have some mixed feelings. I've played something like 20 I guess and I'm even money at the moment. I just don't know if I can stand so frequent suckouts. I go all-in with AKs against the guy with AKs and the third guy suddenly calls with K4o hitting his four and we're both off the tournament. Then AJs losing to AJo which hits a flush. It's pretty much standard to all the sng players I guess but it makes me shake my head in amusement all the time cause that happens a lot less frequently in cash games. I got my part of the suckouts as well, but it doesn't make me happy.

PartyPoker NL10 FR cash
      I didn't play a single minute since the last bad session. I'm gonna keep my word and don't play cash on weekdays. Which means that today is a cash game day ;) .

IRL
      Yesterday I had my last exam on the university, whoo! Now I just have to write my thesis and I'm free to go. Another good news is that my best friend's getting married and he asked me to be his best man. A lot of drinking and partying is incoming, so I'm waiting happily :) .
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I played some cash games this weekend as promised and the results were really good, even though I didn't play that much. I've earned around 40 bucks and I'm pretty much happy with my play. I've lost two stacks on nutflash draws which didn't hit and I'm not sure if I played it right, I would have to analyze it in short time.

I also found out that I can buy myself a poker tracker license for party points. Too bad I've figured that out now, when I've just turned 1500 of my points into 100$ bonus.

During the week I'm gonna stick with Pokerstars sng. I almost finished reading a book and it's quite good. Nothing exceptional, I pretty much knew about all the concpets mentioned there, but it's written very well and all the info is nicely structured so it helps me to remember it all better.