Winning NL10 SH ZOOM player ... ?

• chriskwns
      chriskwns
      Bronze
      Hi there, I got a question, is here any winning NL10 SH ZOOM player ? If yes, roughly what winrate, sample size ? I'm asking because I play there and ... i'm not doing too good. Used to play and win at NL10 FR ZOOM, NL25 for a while. Since I've moved to SH, I educated my self a bit, how to switch playing wider ranges, watched few videos and overall I feel fine with the game but my results are down. I'm also asking because i'm thinking about moving to regular tables as games can be softer there due to table selection and not being ... zoomy. Thanks for help.
  • 11 replies
    • chriskwns
      chriskwns
      Bronze
      ... anyone ?
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello chriskwns,
      I would recommend tuning into w34z3l's Poker Academy. There is a live coaching tomorrow (17th march) @ 18.30.

My regards

Matt
    • ThatsBadOdds
      ThatsBadOdds
      Bronze
      Jason Summerville is best coach if you ask me
    • Spazzaments
      Spazzaments
      Bronze
      Send me a message with your skype username and let's chat :-) NL10 zoom seems pretty beatable, but you need to know what your doing
    • Noname81
      Noname81
      Bronze
      I think after playing 50 000 hand you have an idea if your a wining player at certain limit. What is your sample size?
    • chriskwns
      chriskwns
      Bronze
      Thanks for respond. :f_drink:

metalmonkey80 - no gold yet :f_frown:

ThatsBadOdds - will think about coaching, already had one when I was moving to SH just to get familiar with ranges and overall strategy

Spazzaments - thanks for offer, I sent a friend request :f_thumbsup:

Noname81 - all zoom, I still got comfortable BR. Recently I tried more aggro aproach and it seems like I went the wrong way, trying too much i guess, now I'm thinking about coming back to more straight forward game, back to basics. I'm not really tilting person, some hero calls happen once in a while but I was working on my mental game and can assure that tilt is minor factor here.
    • Spazzaments
      Spazzaments
      Bronze
      NL10 is pretty straightforward. Being too aggro doesn't really help. Positional play is what works best. Try and target the weaker players also. Alot of weak players just have half stacks, limp, raise small and are not hidden from search feature.

The regs play mostly 4 tables, but that doesn't mean you can't target them. They tend to 3-bet in the blinds, which you can easily 4-bet (fold). Do not overvalue top pair top kicker when raised on flop or turn. People rarely bluff. You should try 16NL also. Lot's of rakeback grinding nits and weak tight players
    • Noname81
      Noname81
      Bronze
      What is your red lines bb/100 hands?
    • chriskwns
      chriskwns
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Noname81
      What is your red lines bb/100 hands?
      -16 bb/100
    • Noname81
      Noname81
      Bronze
      at -16bb/100 there is definitely room for improvement. You could possibly bring your -16bb/100 to -5bb/100 without effecting your blue too much. This would make you a winning player. Here is a great video series for improving the redline http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/36234/

Ps. Read the video comments at the link I posted for a understanding of what is required to adapt the strategies included in the videos
    • chriskwns
      chriskwns
      Bronze
      Thanks for reminding me about that series. I was filtering my database and found that I perform poorly on 2nd pair on the flop, being both an openraiser or a caller. My overall winrate from - One pair - pocket pair - second pair & one pair - second pair - A kicker is currently at -309bb/100 :facepalm: , disaster. I noticed that I have a tendency to not cbet those hands very often as I have a mentality to threat those hands as a SDV so many times I end up going x/c , x/f or x/c, x/c, x/f . I need to work on to valuebet those hands on proper boards rather than hoping to get to showdown cheaply. More 3bets and obvious 4bets, simple raise cbets in good spots is also something I need to focus on. Lets get to work ...