Silver Status Invalid License

• PeppySinclaire
      PeppySinclaire
      Gold
      Hey guys, search Google and the forums search for invalid license but didn't find anything specific to this with a solution.

I just purchased Silver status 30 minutes ago. I received email confirmation and confirmation on here that it's gone through and my status is upgraded, and showing "Silver".

But, I can't view any silver videos, getting an "invalid license" message. I've run CCleaner to completely clear my cookies, then tried Firefox and Chrome in HTML5 and flash and still getting the messages. Logged in and out several times, made sure my email was confirmed as well.

Here's a screenshot:

• 8 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      You have this Silver status. So it should work for you.
      Do you have still problems if you are watching the video The Ring Table Evolution - NL10 on NetBet Poker?

If that’s the case I will inform someone for you about this.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • imgoingtomirage
      imgoingtomirage
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi.

Unfortunately there is not much we can do about it as this error is related to the client side only. We are aware that this error from time to time shows up for a very tiny percentage of our users, but for the vast majority including us it works. Even the support of our video player cannot do anything about it if it also works for them. The things I can recommend doing are:
      1. Turning off any addons and widgets that can block the content of our site e.g. AdBlock or ScriptBlocker
      2. Updating Adobe Flash Player to its newest version
      3. Logging out of your account, cleaning cookies connected to following domains and logging back in:
      - pokerstrategy.com
      - jwplayer.com
      4. Trying to watch your videos on another device e.g. smartphone

If any of that won't work and you still won't be able to watch our content for which we apologize, you can contact our support (bottom of the page) and ask for a refund for buying Silver status.

Regards,
      Przemek
    • Zeldyman
      Zeldyman
      Gold
      Or you can try different browser. :f_thumbsup:
    • PeppySinclaire
      PeppySinclaire
      Gold
      Originally posted by imgoingtomirage
      Hi.

Unfortunately there is not much we can do about it as this error is related to the client side only. We are aware that this error from time to time shows up for a very tiny percentage of our users, but for the vast majority including us it works. Even the support of our video player cannot do anything about it if it also works for them. The things I can recommend doing are:
      1. Turning off any addons and widgets that can block the content of our site e.g. AdBlock or ScriptBlocker
      2. Updating Adobe Flash Player to its newest version
      3. Logging out of your account, cleaning cookies connected to following domains and logging back in:
      - pokerstrategy.com
      - jwplayer.com
      4. Trying to watch your videos on another device e.g. smartphone

If any of that won't work and you still won't be able to watch our content for which we apologize, you can contact our support (bottom of the page) and ask for a refund for buying Silver status.

Regards,
      Przemek
      Hey, thanks for this honest and knowledgeable answer :) I looked it up, can't believe that JWplayer can't fix the issue! But I know it's not PokerStrategy's fault.

I'm going to try a few things to see if I can get it to work, but now that I know it may player issue and not site specific, I have some more options to find a solution!
    • PeppySinclaire
      PeppySinclaire
      Gold
      Originally posted by SDK1987
      You have this Silver status. So it should work for you.
      Do you have still problems if you are watching the video The Ring Table Evolution - NL10 on NetBet Poker?

If that’s the case I will inform someone for you about this.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
      Hey SDK, thank you for offering to help. Also, I'll update the board if I find a solution so hopefully it'll help others out. I'm going to try other devices in the meantime as Przemek suggested as using my laptop at work was a success.
    • PeppySinclaire
      PeppySinclaire
      Gold
      SUCCESS!

Issue was because of Windows 10. L:ooked around, and found out that this invalid key issue can be caused by Windows 10 time settings. I checked my clock in the tray and the time was right, but it turns out the TIME ZONE was wrong! It was PST but showing the correct time in EST (These are North American time zones 3 hours separated for those unfamiliar).

To fix that issue, I Googled how to fix and this link came up. I had to tinker around a bit between the settings in the directions and actually clicking on the time in the tray and changing the "automatic" settings etc. Now the time is right AND the time zone is right, AND I can view videos : ) !

PS: link is legit not spam, but if there's a policy against outside links, then just Google search how to fix Windows 10 time, go to a site you feel is safe, and follow the instructions as this is a common issue with Windows 10. Also, my video drivers and PC were up to date, flash was uninstalled but that doesn't matter as I'm using Edge browser currently with Flash enabled.

https://www.organicweb.com.au/20209/general-technology/windows10-time/
    • imgoingtomirage
      imgoingtomirage
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Awesome, thanks for the info, that may possibly help others in the future! :f_drink:
    • cristiancr
      cristiancr
      Bronze
      this time is the problem change and success thankkssss¡