pokersites

• catman67
      catman67
      Bronze
      hello to all. this is my first thread, i've only been playing online poker about 3 months, don' play for big stakes, was wondering can anyone tell me which,in there opinion, are the best sites for beginners. i currently play on partypoker, but seem to be ripped off with my bonus. Not saying i would have got enough points to release it,but. Anyway ant advice on pokersites would be much appreciated. ta ta for now.
  • 6 replies
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Hey Catman67,

as a beginner, your choice is even easier than for experienced players - because nearly all sites have enough tables with beginner limits, and multi-tabling is not too important for beginners, as well.

So as you talked about the bonus problems at PartyPoker, maybe you should look at our overview of partner poker rooms & their bonuses:
      http://de.pokerstrategy.com/home/bonus-info/

My personal hint would be Everest & 888 - both offer plenty of bad players on the lower stakes, making the game comparably soft.

Best regards,
      Lutz

p.s.: another hint you didn't ask for: I suggest you try out our forums for strategy discussions & letting your hands be rated by professional hand judges as soon as you got your Bronze status. This kind of active learning is really underestimated by most beginners & really important for a successful poker career!
    • catman67
      catman67
      Bronze
      thanks. will try out the hand stratergy see how much i need to learn.
    • paullancis
      paullancis
      Bronze
      this is my first thread 2, i have never played online poker b4, but play live for years. I just want to play at home from now on.
    • catman67
      catman67
      Bronze
      hi. my ambition is to play live poker eventually, although only know of 1 venue which has poker tables near too me, thought i'd learn the basics online and if can get half decent at the game take it live. i know live tables is completly different so if i decide to take that route i'll ask for advice, if thats ok with you.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by catman67
      hi. my ambition is to play live poker eventually, although only know of 1 venue which has poker tables near too me, thought i'd learn the basics online and if can get half decent at the game take it live. i know live tables is completly different so if i decide to take that route i'll ask for advice, if thats ok with you.
      Live tables are not so different in comparison to online ones(assuming you are playing fullstacked).The main ability you are going to learn playing online is to adapt to different player types, which is the base of every live game also.
    • catman67
      catman67
      Bronze
      Thanks for that. so if i keep my cool and succeed online should be ok at small stake live games, then build from there. wish me luck.