This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Where does the money come from?

• ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hi!

I saw some teaser from the platinum, diamond video archives a couple of days ago. It was great. But it made me wonder where the money on that levels come from (e.g. $100/$200 FL). I mean, the people playing there are pros and not likely to play for more than the bankroll management recommends. So, if the players on the high limits make $3000/day (???) some got to lose. Are there perhaps many rich people who like to play the high limits who are the losers? I guess so. Am I maybe too naive to assume the pros that are there all really belong there? Would be great if someone with a little insight could share some light on this!

Happy New Year!
      ZeroDegrees
  • 3 replies
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      guy laliberte
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      :D lol, like they said at PokerCast that Guy is said to have 3 accounts on Full Til with what he have been lost over $12 000 000 (I think). But hey, the guy is a billionaire so for him those stakes are just nosebleed.

• ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Ok, that's one contributer, but it seems to me that there aren't so many "richer than their skill" - players playing. Not enough at least. But, hey, I'm just thinking out loud, here since I don't have any insights on this (will get some here I think :) ). I suspect many goes up one limit and play on that limit for a while till they have to step down again, because of better players. And then they try the higher limit again later when they and their BR have improved!? I for sure wouldn't want anyone else play with Laliberte if I played those limits and made it there. Man, I would really try to crush the resistance :) .

ZeroDegreez