Where does the money come from?

• ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hi!

I saw some teaser from the platinum, diamond video archives a couple of days ago. It was great. But it made me wonder where the money on that levels come from (e.g. $100/$200 FL). I mean, the people playing there are pros and not likely to play for more than the bankroll management recommends. So, if the players on the high limits make $3000/day (???) some got to lose. Are there perhaps many rich people who like to play the high limits who are the losers? I guess so. Am I maybe too naive to assume the pros that are there all really belong there? Would be great if someone with a little insight could share some light on this!

Happy New Year!
      ZeroDegrees
  • 3 replies
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      guy laliberte
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      :D lol, like they said at PokerCast that Guy is said to have 3 accounts on Full Til with what he have been lost over $12 000 000 (I think). But hey, the guy is a billionaire so for him those stakes are just nosebleed.

• ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Ok, that's one contributer, but it seems to me that there aren't so many "richer than their skill" - players playing. Not enough at least. But, hey, I'm just thinking out loud, here since I don't have any insights on this (will get some here I think :) ). I suspect many goes up one limit and play on that limit for a while till they have to step down again, because of better players. And then they try the higher limit again later when they and their BR have improved!? I for sure wouldn't want anyone else play with Laliberte if I played those limits and made it there. Man, I would really try to crush the resistance :) .

ZeroDegreez