404:blog_title_not_found [92Niko's blog]

• 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi everyone! :f_biggrin:

My name's Nicolò and I'm a 24 years old engineering student from Italy. I've been part of the Pokerstrategy community in the last few years and now I'm also a microstakes cash game coach for the Italian section of the school.

I've had a love/hate relationship with poker for my entire "career" since I loved playing the game but I always hated doing it seriously. In the last couple of years I quit grinding and I've started teaching poker to other people. Unofortunately, due to RL-related stuff and university I played very little in the last months, but I want to be back on the tables :f_cool:

Now I find myself with a little bit more of spare time and I've decided to start a Twitch channel and to play poker mostly on streaming. I'll be playing microstakes cash game on Italian poker rooms and I'm going to do that FOR FUN :f_biggrin:

My idea is that of having a couple of streamings per week (one in English and one in Italian probably) and play sessions of 60 to 90 minutes. I'll do some commentary and I'll be happy to answer to all of your questions.

So, if you enjoy watching other people playing poker or want to (hopefully) learn something about beating microstakes (or if you have a large penis) just join the stream and keep me some company :f_drink: The link to the chanell is here:

92Niko - Twitch Channel

Later today I'll be streaming in English at 19:00 and I'll post the link here. Hope some of you would like to join me for some fun together, or for asking questions :)

BYE!
  • 7 replies
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      Hello Niko, I will follow your channel.
      Do you play League of Legends ? :f_biggrin:
    • 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by AgapieGheorghe
      Hello Niko, I will follow your channel.
      Do you play League of Legends ? :f_biggrin:
      Hi! :D

Yes I play some LoL, but I'm trying to quit it since the game is TOXIC :f_biggrin: Anyway, as you can see from my profile pic... I'm THAT kind of player :f_cool:
    • 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      Live in 5 minutes, at 19! Enjoy :f_drink:
    • 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      Hello again!

In 10 minutes I'll start another live streaming on Pokerstars.it, you can find the video in the post just above this one.

This is the last streaming before my Easter holidays so I have something interesting for you! It is some kind of "exercise" you can do sometimes that helps you improving your perception of the opponent, while also pushing you to take more notes. We're gonna play some NL10 without the HUD ;) Hope you will find it funny (and hopefully useful!).

Enjoy!
    • 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey guys!

After a break for the Easter holidays I get back on tables and on streaming. Today I'll be streaming at 19:00 (hour in Italy, so GMT+1... Deal with the math xD ) so in basically 45 minutes or something. Feel free to join if you want to see me play some microstakes cash game, make me company and have some fun together!

I'll be happy to answer any of your questions :)

You can find the window with the stream a couple of posts above this one! Seeya!
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi 92Niko,

nice to see you also here- almost overlooked your thread. Maybe you can let us know a bit about your current challenges, goals and maybe a few nice hands?
      This way some more users might be interested in your stream

CU,SvenBe
    • 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey guys :D

My university exam session is now over and finally I have a bit of spare time to exploit in some way. The sun is shining outside, the world is beautiful and the girls too, I could be around catching Pokèmons with the cool kids... So I really have to stay indoor and play poker on my PC :D

Jokes aside, and to answer to Sven to (thanks for passing by :) ) I'm currently a part-time 4fun player of poker. I had my grinding period and that's not really something for me... I prefer teaching new players how to become winning pokerists and to play on my spare time trying everytime something new and creative.

By the way... Here's a hand I played recently. I'm not really sure if I did the right thing, so I want to hear your opinions too ;) NB trying to get "creative" often means doing dumb stuff, so be kind :D

I just sat at the table and played like 15 hands. My opponent seems a nit and he should see me as a nit too (sigh). I see his suspisciously high 3,7x BTN raise and decide to call OOP w/ pocket 6. The flop comes K high and drawy so his 1/2 pot cbet really means nothing to me so I decide to check/call to avoid overplaying the hand. The plan is that of leading the turn, but an A comes down. I think back to his 3,7x preflop raise and decide to go for a check/raise which is exactly what happens. The river comes a really scary :spade: and I realize that I have a bit more than a PSB behind (because of shitty raise size on the turn). Considered his sizes there's probably no reason to bet such a river, so I decide to check and pray (something a serious players should never do). He goes for the overshove and i muck my bottom set.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $10 (100 bb)
      BB: $10.66 (106.6 bb)
      MP: $13.45 (134.5 bb)
      CO: $5.19 (51.9 bb)
      BTN: $10.20 (102 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :6h: :6c:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.37, Hero calls $0.32, BB folds

Flop: ($0.84) :6s: :7d: :Ks: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.64) :Ac: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.77, Hero raises to $2.31, BTN calls $1.54

River: ($6.26) :Ts: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $7.12 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      $6.26 pot ($0.34 rake)
      Final Board: :6s: :7d: :Ks: :Ac: :Ts:
      Hero mucked :6h: :6c: and lost (-$3.08 net)
      BTN mucked and won $5.92 ($2.84 net)