NLHL to FLHE 6max

• FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Silver
      Hello,

I used to play and NLHE 6max, i never really did any good in them games, i was winning virtually nothing, since even 4bb/100 at NL10 is 40c, i usually play 1 table, so it was roughly 40c per hour, witch just made the game seem pointless, i think thats why i ended up quitting, i developed very low motivation to play and grind micro stakes.

So i have a few questions about FLHE 6 max,

Question 1 - I have read a little about starting hand charts on here, but that seems to be a for a 10 max, should i just remove the early part of the hand chart and go from there?

Question 2 - Another thing i think i struggled with was suckout after suckout for stacks, is this one of the lowest variance games to play?

Question 3 - It seems a lot easier then NLHE, is that the case, or have i had good run so far, also whats a good bb/100 win rate?

Question 4 - Since im not going to play the very low games, i read that you need a 300 big bet bankroll, i am going to play 25/50c as the lowest game, and just reload $25 at a time until i take off, but what a bout a move down at 25 up at 50 big bet bankroll?

I think thats all for now, any other advice or info would be good.

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Hey FrozenElf, welcome to Limit territories :)

1. Yes, just remove the early part.
      2. Well, you're gonna get a lot of suckouts here as well. I mean, it's not gonna be for your whole stack, but river bad beats are still gonna hurt. This is just something that you have to get used to. Not just in Limit Hold'em, but in poker in general.
      3. Depends on the limits. Microlimits 1-2BB/100 (2-4bb/100).
      4. As a beginner, I definitely advice you starting a little lower than 25c/50c. I would go with 5c/10c and just move up when you beat the limits.
      Down 25, up 50 big bet bankroll? One big bet in 25c/50c is 50c. So 300BB is 150$. And I actually think this might not be enough for this limit. 300BB bankroll is okay for microstakes, but higher you go, bigger bankroll you need.

Some other pointers... You are playing just one table and I don't think that's enough, specially considering that you are trying to earn some money as well. You will have to multitable Limit games as well. You won't just magically start earning more money in LHE than you did in NLHE :)

You can join us on my livestream (link at the bottom). I'm streaming Limit Hold'em regularly lately and we can definitely talk there, if you have more questions.
    • Clff79
      Clff79
      Bronze
      Luka, you seem to be single-handedly supporting LHE. You deserve a medal or something. Keep up the good work :)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I'm definitely not the only one. And of course, even though I love LHE, I too have some selfish intentions with being Team Online and all :f_tongue: