when do the fishes disappear?

• mbml
      mbml
      Black
      im currently playing at NL25 with a 200$ bankroll. When i cash my 100$ bonus i will be at 300$ and i will probably move up to NL50. So far I played about 40 000 hands with SSS already. I intend to switch to BSS when the level is too high for me. So my question is, which limit has a huge jump in difficulty over the preceding limit? I heard that it gets much tougher at NL100 or NL200. I want to be able to play SSS for as long as I can. Thanks!
  • 9 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I've heard that nl200 is real tought comparing it to nl100 and below , but how should I know? ( I'm a noob :P ) I guess you can adapt your sss play all the way up to nl1k like other players (in this site) have done.

btw: I think $300 is too little to move up to nl50, 400 would be better imo.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      NL100 FR -> NL200 FR is the hardest due the SuperNova grinders on FR NL200 ;)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      ah ok thanks
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      What about FL? I've heard that 3/6 is harder than some higher levels because of good multitablers and bonus chasers. But I don't know if that's true, so I figured would see if anybody knew about the difficulty of FL levels.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by strat9
      What about FL? I've heard that 3/6 is harder than some higher levels because of good multitablers and bonus chasers. But I don't know if that's true, so I figured would see if anybody knew about the difficulty of FL levels.
      I'm still on 3/6, so don't know how it works higher, but I doubt bonus chasers will go higher than on 5/10 because ratio of FPPs/quality of game is lower the higher you go. I see 3/6 as ideal limit to massive multitabling because of 75-80 VPP/100 hands, closely followed by 5/10 with 110. You get "only" 48-50 on 2/4, so I don't understand good winning players who play 3000+ hands per day on that limit btw... :rolleyes:

And no, 3/6 isn't harder than any higher limit because the amount of fish is just enormous - good seat selection is neccessary therefore.
    • hurwood
      hurwood
      Bronze
      which level should i play with the $50? if i get it :D
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by hurwood
      which level should i play with the $50? if i get it :D
      Hi hurwood;

it depends on what are you going to play:

FL: Bankroll management: Step 1: You play $0.10/$0.20

NL SSS: How to go your own way - Bankroll Management: Step 1: You play NL10 ($0.05/$0.10)

SNG: How to follow your path: the bankroll management: Step 1: You will be playing tournaments up to $1.00

You should re-read the article that fits you, because BRM is the first thing you have to learn if you want to be successful :)

And don't worry: you WILL get it! (like everyone here)

Good luck!
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      Thank you, Opal, for clarifying because it was just an impression I got and it's helpful to read a response put in a way with experience and depth of knowledge.

It is also a relief that there is still many fish up near the levels where decent money can be made.

Does anybody know, for curiosity's sake, what level the fish do drop off at SH FL on Stars?

If nobody does answer, and yet if readers are still curious, Opal99's blog talks about this subject:

Opal's scale to success (HHs inside)
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      I would also recommend double or nothings on Stars. Turbo versions has rake really small and I was able play up to $10 BI with 10% ROI (9 tables at time - about 12 games per hour in avarage).

I think now that 10% will not be reachable anymore on $10 BI... the game got somehow toughter... my ROI droped to 5% later on...

But still $1, and $5 (the variance is really low in DONs cos you cash about 56-58% of the time, and you need to have only 52% to be break even) might be easy and quick backroll builder. There are also some strategies for DONs on internenet... on site... ok, just ask google for "Double Or Nothing SNGs Strategy" and you can feel lucky ;)

TTT

P.S.: SNG will have also one more advantage... for each entry you will get 1FPP... so by playing 500 of $1 SNG you will made $50 profit and also cashout bonus of $50...
      It is extremly dificult get some FPP on low limits...

Later on I found out that on FL 0.5/1 I get about 9VPP/$1 rake compare to 5VPP/1$ in SNGs.