[NL2-NL10] 66 on BB

• Mistyboyo
      Mistyboyo
      Bronze
      Hey ya! This hand (66) I am starting to like more often....of course when I am on BB... ;)

As u see I got 66 and tried to slowplay it a bit since i hit a devil set :D on the flop.... :D

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6:spade: , 6:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,25, 2 folds, CO calls $0,25, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,85) 6:heart: , 3:diamond: , A:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO bets $0,65, Hero raises to $1,30, MP1 folds, CO calls $0,65.

Turn: ($3,45) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($3,45) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,64, CO calls $1,64.

Final Pot: $6,73

Post flop I knew I was ahead according to pre-flop play.....

What do u think....would u push straight forward or would u play it similarly?

Any comments are always welcome!

Misty
  • 2 replies
    • 2DHades
      2DHades
      Bronze
      Check/raise in this spot is a good move but the raise should be 1.70+$ and push the turn. There is no point to check on the turn.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Mistyboyo,

Check/Raise postflop represents a monster on such a dry flop. I tend to go for the check/call to let Mp1 call as well and gives you more value.

When you check/call on the Flop, check/raise the Turn then whenever a K,Q or J or any FD is possible. Mostly the raise of you gives you no FE but that's not what you want.

With a Set postflop on a rainbow dry flop, you want to extract the most value, that is your main goal.

As played, you got iniative on the turn so shove it on the Turn. If you didn't did that, do it on the River.

Best regards,
      Gerv