bad few weeks/5k hands. advice?

• FlopOutMyNut
      how long is a downswing supposed to be? I've lost at a good 10BB/100 hands at 25NL in the last 6 thousand hands.

Some of it was lost when not playing in the right state of mind (drunk, tired, tilt) but a large portion has just happened. I know it is somewhat of a downswing, in that I've been getting beats like this:

*** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to FlopOutMyNut [Ac As]
      fishhog: calls $0.25
      Macros909: folds
      Macros909 is sitting out
      cowboy1211: folds
      Macros909 leaves the table
      ray5000222: raises $0.25 to $0.50
      Dusko Pull: folds
      Ol'curmudgeo: folds
      m_greene2000: calls $0.50
      xSkokEx: calls $0.40
      FlopOutMyNut: raises $0.75 to $1.25
      fishhog: folds
      ray5000222: raises $8 to $9.25 and is all-in
      cozofu joins the table at seat #6
      m_greene2000: folds
      xSkokEx: folds
      FlopOutMyNut: calls $8
      *** FLOP *** [Kd 2d Ad]
      *** TURN *** [Kd 2d Ad] [Qh]
      *** RIVER *** [Kd 2d Ad Qh] [Kc]
      *** SHOW DOWN ***
      FlopOutMyNut: shows [Ac As] (a full house, Aces full of Kings)
      ray5000222: shows [Ks Kh] (four of a kind, Kings)

more than my fair share of the time. Anyway, I really think I am a pretty good player, and I usually review sessions to find weak spots. By the end of all of this, I've lost about half my roll, which I won in a tournament and my confidence is low as I cannot even beat .25NL. What I'm here to ask is how long can a downswing usually be for, and is there a way somebody better than me would be willing to look at a large amount of hands I've played and tell me every single thing I've done wrong?
  • 2 replies
    • Balanarm
      Well take a break and do something positive, really positive(for example skiing) and then go back to poker, it works perfectly fine for me, the most important thing is not to sit down at the tables not in a mood, you should think positive, try talking to yourself while playing(like you are recording a video).

You should love the hands when you get bad beat, at least I reconsidered my attitude, read all psychology articles and finally started thinking positive. When I get a bad beat I have no bad feeling but good ones since I put my money in good and I have a winner feeling there.

This is just pp over pp situation where lower pp won, happens 1 in 9 times :-) Good luck, I hope you reconsider your attitude to bad beats and recover from downswing ASAP!
    • FlopOutMyNut
      Oh, I know that. Usually its a +EV thing, and I know I'll win in the long run. The thing is, when you lose consistantly with such few winning sessions, you start to wonder if it is a downswing or not.

With every session, I usually realize theres a small error I make, which when repeated many times will cost me a lot of money, so I'm learning to maximize EV, and minimize losses. You learn more when you lose I suppose.

It's uncertain territory though...

P.S. Skiing is amazing