Question about the software

• Spritex
      Spritex
      Basic
      Hello. I already have the pokerstars software installed on my computer, but i don't have an account with them. If i uninstall it and then download it from the pokerstrategy site will i be able to receive the starting capital?
  • 7 replies
    • SumyTheSlayer
      SumyTheSlayer
      Bronze
      you have to study in order to pass THE QUIZ first...

then you can deal with the software "problems" :D ...

good luck...
    • Spritex
      Spritex
      Basic
      Maybe i didn't explain it right...
      I have already taken the quiz and i'm on the select a platform stage. Here's what it says about pokerstars:

Important: Please delete your browser cookies before you go to the download page. Afterwards download the cost-free PokerStars-Software here and install it.

You have to download the software via this download page to participate in the PokerStrategy promotions. Your account also has to be created with the software that you download through this link!

Seems like it makes difference where it is downloaded from. But i guess it won't matter if i just reinstall it.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      You do have to download it through the link on this site for some reason. So just uninstall it, delete the old installation file you downloaded, delete your cookies and then download the software again using the link here on the site. Also don't forget to enter the proper code when registering latter on..

PokerStarts is a great site BTW so it is worth it to go through all the trouble and do it right IMO..
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Lubor explained it perfectly, so just follow those steps one by one and it will be fine.
      Just don't forget to "share information" when you're done with instalation. :)

Originally posted by LuborC
      PokerStarts is a great site BTW so it is worth it to go through all the trouble and do it right IMO..
      #2 - it's THE BEST imo...
    • Spritex
      Spritex
      Basic
      Thanks guys! I did everything right, now I'm just waiting for the 50$. Let the poker adventure begin! :D
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      I may have question... time to time window with information sharing will pop-up automaticaly after the login. Any idea why? Pokerstars wanted to take re-assurance about information sharing?

Other question would be what will happen if I will log in on client that was not downloaded through the link.

TTT
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by TTT241
      I may have question... time to time window with information sharing will pop-up automaticaly after the login. Any idea why? Pokerstars wanted to take re-assurance about information sharing?
      It didn't happen to me yet... it may be just bug - the new version is alive only ~6 days, so be patient; or contact their support: they really like such notifications :)

Originally posted by TTT241
      Other question would be what will happen if I will log in on client that was not downloaded through the link.
      Nothing; you can still play, earn points etc. You should use "linked" client with your first registration only, after that it doesn't matter.