Hi I have been playing for a year now and a mix of tournaments and cashgames, but im trying to nut i

• alemanio
      Hi I have been playing for a year now and a mix of tournaments and cashgames, but im trying to nut it out at the microstakes cash games and hopefully build a bankroll. But every time i try i go on tilt and lose my bankroll. Any advice is welcome.
  • 4 replies
    • Post removed

• Post removed

• arthurbentley
      I think you answered your question, don't tilt! Accept that no matter how good a player is, that player will experience bad beats, coolers and suck outs if they play often enough. Be patient, play good hands only, and don't get married to top pair top kicker on a wet flop.

Play full ring instead of 6-max, because if you have tilt issues 6-max will only make it worse. Use good bankroll management, 40 buy ins for full ring cash game.

Play 'weak tight' ABC poker for 2nl. That means value betting your hands, and folding them if you get re-raised if you only have tptk. Because at 2nl, players hardly ever bluff when they re-raise on the turn or river. Sometimes they do, but more often they are re-raising for value.

Don't play at Pokerstars, play at an easier site where more fish play. It's really easy to crush 2nl, it's simply a case of being patient, well prepared, sufficiently rolled, and focused without letting short term results affect your mindset.

Make notes on players and learn to play against their weakness. Are they:

1) Tight Passive (check calls when a scare card appears / pot controls tptk)

2) Tight Aggressive (bet bet bet!)

3) Loose Passive (Limps and calls a lot)

4) Loose Aggressive

5) Maniac

If a passive player re-raises you, get out of the way!!
    • metalmonkey80
      Hello alemanio,

I have moved your post from Tell a friend to Questions and answer where it can be found easier by other members.
      Great answer too arthurbentley. I would agree with that answer. We all have been in the same position as you and continue to have these situations every day. The last few days I have been flushed away in nearly all my games when holding a top hand.
      I would recommend reading The Quick Guide to Skyrocketing Your Poker and Life Productivity by Schnitzelfisch
      There are a few videos he has made you might be interested in having a look at. I have filtered them here for you.
      Also worth having a look at the 5-point plan: From break-even grinder to winning player
      Have you worked through the NL Beginners Course yet?
      Many members also have there own blogs to help them track there progress and experiences, for example a good place to visit is the 'Learning to win' forum found here
      When running a blog, you will profit from the following advantages:

• By documenting your progress and career you will increase both your motivation and endurance.
      • You will work on your game automatically by discussing tricky spots with other members.
      • During a downswing you will profit from psychological support and encouragement.
      • With time passing by you will get to know a lot of cool people and even build some friendships.
      I hope this is some help to you and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
      Good luck at the tables.