Poker is my passion

• needtoplaymygame
      Hi guys! I am Patrick and I am from the Philippines. I will be turning 26 years old this coming May.

I have been playing poker for 8-9 years and I can say I really love playing the game. But there is just one thing that lacks in me and that is being more disciplined in playing.

I started playing online in 2010 with a free bankroll from an academy just like pokerstrategy. They are the biggest poker school in Asia as far as I know and they have good coaches there. In just less than a week the free bankroll that I got vanished like a wind. lol After a few days I tried my luck and deposited $10(even though I know it wouldn't be enough, I just wanted to play) but then again I got busto! I really love playing poker and I thought that it can really help me earn money because I heard a lot of stories and I wanted to prove it to my friends that the stories were true, but the only problem was I can't prove it because I can't even withdraw even just a dollar. So, after a few years around 2013 one of the coaches in the academy who believed in me invited me to a contest. They invited a lot of players and the top 2 finishers of the challenge will be staked and get a free coaching session for 1 month. I was one of the winners and I was coached but I really don't know why I always lose my stack. I learned a lot in the training except I can't handle downswings properly so I was just betting any cards because of tilt.

Now, I am playing online again and I can say I am mature enough and learned from my mistakes. I only have $8 in my BR and I am challenging myself to let my BR grow up to $50. Poker is really funny at times because one time I was up to $18 then down to $3 then back to $18 then going down again to $4 and now I am back to $13. I don't know if I am up because of luck or I am playing right. Anyways, I am sharing my story because I want people to comment here and give some tips and help me. Maybe we could also create a chat group and talk some strategies there :)

Thank you for reading and see you at the tables! =)
  • 1 reply
    • metalmonkey80
      Hello Patrick,

Welcome to

Where in the Philippines are you from? In fact, why don't you get yourself added to our Member map. You never know, the nearest PokerStrategist may live right next door. :f_p:

What ever your skill level Poker Strategy has lots of great articles and forums to help make you make the most of your game.
      A good place to start is in the strategy section 'poker for beginners' found here also host a great video tutorial section for many different games and strategies found here
      Though out the year there are many challenges where you can win status upgrades and other prizes.
      There is also a TaF (Tell a Friend) promotion which will reward you money to help build your bank roll or buy tools with!
      Many members also have there own blogs to help them track there progress and experiences, for example a good place to visit is the 'Learning to win' forum found here
      When running a blog, you will profit from the following advantages:

• By documenting your progress and career you will increase both your motivation and endurance.
      • You will work on your game automatically by discussing tricky spots with other members.
      • During a downswing you will profit from psychological support and encouragement.
      • With time passing by you will get to know a lot of cool people and even build some friendships
      One last thing to read is The Quick Guide to Skyrocketing Your Poker and Life Productivity which will help you with discipline and planning your poker life.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
      Good luck at the tables.