10$ to 1000$ FLHU S&G

• akasoul
      akasoul
      Bronze
      Hi,

I've been playing FLHU S&G very irregularly for the last two years, but now I got 10$ to play on NetBet so I think it would be nice to make a run for a good and round number like 1000$.

I'm going to follow a rather aggressive bankroll management (is not really that aggressive will discuss this later :D ), of 20 buy-ins for the current level taking 5 buy-ins shots until I get to the 1k mark. I'm currently on the 1$ level so when I get to 30$ I will hit the 2$ level, simple.

The bankroll to take the next levels will be:

65$ =>5$ level
      150$ =>10$ level
      300$ =>20$ level
      550$=>30$ level
      850$ =>50$level => 1000$

The idea is not only keep track of the bankroll but also to share thoughts and impressions of this format of poker.

See you in the next level.
  • 5 replies
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Bronze
      Hi!

Well, I have 21,79 USD at the moment on NetBet :f_thumbsup: , it's a good start even when I've been playing very poorly mostly because it is a low level so there is no need to worry that much, but the goal is to get to the 50$ buy in games and on order to do that I have to play very seriously and study a lot.

I'm used to play on Pokerstars and I just can't understand how horrible the NetBet software is, I mean how much can it cost to have a decent platform (if it is more expensive to have a decent looking platform than to make it work I take my words back), but there are some simple stuff like sounds, layout and really basic stuff in general that should be way easier fix than making a platform that allows you to play poker for real money with players from all around the world, but as long as I get action I'll play since I have a clear objective but for the casual player I don't think it would be the desired experience.

See ya.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Your BRM seems to me very aggressive indeed. Only if you are familiar to all limits it could work for you I think. There aren’t too many FLHE HU players. What do you like about this format?

It’s maybe interesting for you to join our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now!
      This way you get rewarded in the end as well if you complete your challenge.

Further I wish you all the best with reaching the 1k bankroll :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Bronze
      Hi!

Update: I got to 29,64 USD which means I can take the shot to the $2 games.

]

Thanks for the suggestion I'll submit this blog to the br challenge, and yes there aren't many players to this format but I think that I'll stick to it for now mainly because it is simpler than other formats and there is very little variance which allows you take riskier shots and be way aggressive with your bankroll, and also low rakeback. Previously I reach the $30 games with a more conservative bankroll management, but sadly I got a downswing (which i think it wasn't a downswing at all) and also started to do a lot of stuff so I stopped playing but now I'm 100% focused.

To compensate for the lack of players I think that the only solution would be to play on several sites and to beat the regs, If you can achieve that you can get a more steady flow of games in case you want to grind.

See ya.
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Bronze
      Hola!

I'm still on the 2$ level and well a rough start almost losing my shot but my bankroll now is 37$

In the graph you can see the "downswing" at the beginning, in a few games I could notice how much worried I was on not losing the first shot and I recognize it made me play bad, for example I started to think that my opponents never bluff and even folding made hands that I shouldn't.

It was way too easy for me to tilt after almost losing the shot, I even had to watch some mental game videos to get back on track. though I got a really good final message of focusing on your game and not on the short term results and most importantly, have fun!

See ya.
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Bronze
      Hola!

Still on the challenge, been lazy on the reports but i've been working hard, my current bankroll is $65.35, just enough to take the shot at 5$ games, this should be interesting mostly because there are a couple of regulars that I need to beat in order to proceed.

On NetBet there was a recent update which looked good at first but then it became worst than the previous version, the worst things are the hand replayer which only sometimes work and the hand history storage which seems to be working bad on holdem manager also.

The graph at the moment, with a 20,1% ROI, which is good for this format.

Nos vemos.