This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100 AQo donk

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP2 ($21.50)
      CO ($174.75)
      Hero (Button) ($20)
      SB ($126.30)
      BB ($165.75)
      UTG ($14.70)
      UTG+1 ($54.05)
      MP1 ($100.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, Q
      UTG calls $1, 4 folds, Hero raises $5, 2 folds, UTG calls $4

Flop: ($11.50) 6, 8, 9 (2 players)
      UTG bets $4, Hero ?

His donkbet was like 24% which is pretty high, I put him on a draw but im not sure what to do here... folding seems pretty weak..
  • 4 replies
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      Folding seems weak yes, but what are the alternatives?

Calling: Gains you no extra info about villain. If fold comes as no help to you which there is a pretty high chance of, and he donk bets again - you are just being drawn into a lost pot imo.

Raising: Gives you a chance to make him lay it down. Often this bet on lower limits means weakness but I'm inclined to suggest that because his donkbet % is so high that he might have a piece here.

In conclusion, if you think he is on a draw then I push for max FE. Folding, although painful, seems like the correct option or it has less variance at least.
    • Padde
      Padde
      Bronze
      he limps from utg and donks nearly half the pot

you just have around 4 discounted Outs

his flop AF is not hyper aggressive

his W$SD is 56%, he knows when he should bet

i definitely fold
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Pretty marginal spot IMO.

This villain seems too loose from EP which mean that a ton of his hands connect with this flop one way or another. Even if we are ahead here it is not likely to be too far.

Just under a psb behind so folding does not want to be undertaken lightly. If villain has generated these stats with a <20BB stack then he is crap and possibly deserves little credit. Chances of him folding are >0.

I'd raise.

1) I'm a SD monkey.

2)I'm curious.

3)Raising is unlikely to be a big mistake considering the odds whilst folding could be a bit of a howler.

4)My self-esteem plummets when I fold versus these micro-stacked-donks.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      I am SD monkey nr.1 but easily fold here :P

lowboard totally hits his range and even if he just has a fd he has 15 outs and we are flipping

we dont even have backdoors