[NL2-NL10] NL100 AQo donk

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP2 ($21.50)
      CO ($174.75)
      Hero (Button) ($20)
      SB ($126.30)
      BB ($165.75)
      UTG ($14.70)
      UTG+1 ($54.05)
      MP1 ($100.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, Q
      UTG calls $1, 4 folds, Hero raises $5, 2 folds, UTG calls $4

Flop: ($11.50) 6, 8, 9 (2 players)
      UTG bets $4, Hero ?

His donkbet was like 24% which is pretty high, I put him on a draw but im not sure what to do here... folding seems pretty weak..
  • 4 replies
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      Folding seems weak yes, but what are the alternatives?

Calling: Gains you no extra info about villain. If fold comes as no help to you which there is a pretty high chance of, and he donk bets again - you are just being drawn into a lost pot imo.

Raising: Gives you a chance to make him lay it down. Often this bet on lower limits means weakness but I'm inclined to suggest that because his donkbet % is so high that he might have a piece here.

In conclusion, if you think he is on a draw then I push for max FE. Folding, although painful, seems like the correct option or it has less variance at least.
    • Padde
      Padde
      Bronze
      he limps from utg and donks nearly half the pot

you just have around 4 discounted Outs

his flop AF is not hyper aggressive

his W$SD is 56%, he knows when he should bet

i definitely fold
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Pretty marginal spot IMO.

This villain seems too loose from EP which mean that a ton of his hands connect with this flop one way or another. Even if we are ahead here it is not likely to be too far.

Just under a psb behind so folding does not want to be undertaken lightly. If villain has generated these stats with a <20BB stack then he is crap and possibly deserves little credit. Chances of him folding are >0.

I'd raise.

1) I'm a SD monkey.

2)I'm curious.

3)Raising is unlikely to be a big mistake considering the odds whilst folding could be a bit of a howler.

4)My self-esteem plummets when I fold versus these micro-stacked-donks.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      I am SD monkey nr.1 but easily fold here :P

lowboard totally hits his range and even if he just has a fd he has 15 outs and we are flipping

we dont even have backdoors