Vaalea - Starting out, keeping track.

• vaalea
      Hello all, recently made an introduction here.

I plan to build up a bankroll and steadily improve my game, starting with 62$ on PS playing 2nl (mostly zoom so far, but that might change). I want to see if I could climb out of the microstakes, but also track any results to better see how I progress.

I do not yet have HM2, but have been using HM Cloud which has been working fine so far for me. I'd at least get some basic sense of where I am before getting a premium HUD.

Bankroll: 62.4$
      First session: 989 hands
      Bankroll change: +7.27$ = 69.67$

Had a hand that stod out. Not sure here if I should have let it go early, or ship it late?

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $4.55 (227.5 bb)
      SB: $1.19 (59.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $4.50 (225 bb)
      UTG: $3.49 (174.5 bb)
      MP: $1.47 (73.5 bb)
      CO: $1.62 (81 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K A
      UTG raises to $0.06, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, UTG calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.37) Q 2 Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: ($0.37) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.26, UTG calls $0.26

River: ($0.89) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.64, UTG raises to $3.05

• 4 replies
    • vaalea
      Quick update, let's see if I can post the updated graph from last night on my phone.

Ran well below ev, but felt I handled it somewhat ok. Bankroll took a small hit but it could have been worse ^^

Session was about another 1k hands, graph is all hands since first post. I'll update after the weekend when I'm back at my PC.

Bankroll: 69$
      Session: Roughly 1k hands
      Bankroll change: -3$ = 66$

Still at a small sample, but I'll be able to put in some volume after the weekend.

• vaalea
      3k hands, slow but steady. Im thinking about making 10k hands a goal for this week.

Going the right way, but the feel of it has been shaky, I'm loosing a lot of big pots and having to rebuild slowly. Not sure, but might be having rouble letting go of marginal hands.

No real change in the bankroll. Thought about joining the Bankroll Challenge, in order to get some more responses- even my intro post has gone completely unnoticed ^^ But 1000$goal right now just feels bordeline unrealistic.
    • metalmonkey80
      Hello Vaalea,

Nice start to your blog and good results too.
      I have replied to your intro entry and forgot to post a link to a article I found helpful when I first started out.
      'The quick guide to skyrocketing your (poker) productivity' by Schnitzelfisch.

I look forward to reading if you join the bankroll challenge and good luck in reaching your $1k goal.

Good luck at the tables.

• worpler
      I would say he most likely had the straight or a Q. These kinds of folds are gonna save you a lot at the micros - I just made too bad calls today that cost me 300bb.

At the micros they are rarely "playing back at you" or "making moves". Now I just need to remember that..GL!