Hey Guys!

• Nurtos
      Nurtos
      Bronze
      So, after deciding that I wasn't going to go to University this year, I've found myself lost at home, sitting back watching basically nothing on TV and just being overly bored!

Whilst this is meant to be a productive year and I'm still kind of studying so I can get into Medicine next year, I've found I have a lot of free time.

Gambling always kind of interested me, as soon as I turned 18 I opened an online betting account and started punting right away. Luckily I am only a small better, and I only lost $50 all up. My friends later invited me over for a game of poker, I was very familiar with it, but had hardly played and hadn't shown much interest in it either. However, after beating all my friends and winning the lucky prize of $50, I decided I would do some research and see if I could get myself better at poker as I for some reason seemed to be quite alright at the game.

Anyway, I came along this wonderful site known as Pokerstars, I deposited $14 AUD which equates to $10 USD about 2 weeks ago. After sporadically playing every now and then I just made my first withdrawal yesterday which equated to $38. I've basically been playing the microstakes, and trying to find coaching videos and also make friends who can help me out or I can just watch to help improve my game.

Anyway, I hope joining this forum can help me achieve my goals of making some more $$$.
  • 8 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello Nurtos

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

What kind of games your normal play SNG’s, tournaments, cash games and/or other format than No limit hold’em? If I know this I can help you better.

Further I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • Nurtos
      Nurtos
      Bronze
      Hey mate, I play a variety of everything. I started playing Spin and Go's because I received the bonus offers from Pokerstars and had quite a lot of success. I also played some SNG's but struggled, I'd always finish on the bubble or a couple of spots out of the cash, but I haven't gone back and played them.

However, since my bonus offers and free tickets have run out I've been primarily playing Cash Games on the microstakes 0.01/0.02 trying to develop my game etc. Whilst I haven't been struggling as in losing money, I have been struggling in making a lot of money. I've also been playing a lot of MTT's on Pokerstars, trying the daily free rolls as well as the 0.11 $100-$450GTD and some satellites. I've been fortunate enough to cash in the buy-in tournaments but nothing significant.

I'm also not that keen on going up in buy-ins, just because I feel my game isn't good enough yet, but I feel with some study I can change this.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Nurtos,

I can recommend you check out w34z3l's 6max walkthrough - (microstakes edition) for cash games and Asaban's MTT Beginner Coaching: Discussion and feedback thread for MTTs.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • Nurtos
      Nurtos
      Bronze
      Cheers for that mate! I'll be sure to check them out! :)
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hi Nurtos,

In addition to what Lazza suggested, I'd also recommend downloading our ICM Trainer from our poker tools section if you would like to give SNGs another shot. It's a very useful tool to practice the crucial push-or-fold phase of these games.

I've heard some comments from people who for some reason got the German version of this software when they downloaded it. If you have this problem as well, just let me know, it's easy to fix.

You may also be interested in our Overview of SNG Lessons.

Also, how about starting a blog in our blogs section? I'd be interested to follow your progress in the world of poker.
    • Nurtos
      Nurtos
      Bronze
      Thanks for that!

Yes, I checked out the blog section the other day, I think I will definitely be starting one up, just trying to get a bit more free time so I can set up some short and long-term goals which I want to work towards as well as how I am going to work towards them.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Maybe good to know that you can’t use a tool like ICM Trainer when the PokerStars client is open.
      Then you will get a warning of de security service of PokerStars.
    • xubuntu69
      xubuntu69
      Basic
      What's Occurring i have always been new to this, I stumbled on this I have discovered It absolutely useful and it possess aided me away loads. I have always been hoping to give a contribution & help different users like its aided me personally. Good job. :f_love: