This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

2nd place in 12500$ GTD R/A on Mansion Poker

• pokergummz
      pokergummz
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I just made the biggest cash in MTT of my poker career:)

I came in 2nd in the 12500 GTD R/A on Mansion, 1300 ppl were in it and I lost heads up with JJ against AQ, he flopped an ace:(

But I´m really pleased with how well I did and it sure is a boost to my 200 dollar bankroll! I cashed for 2200 bucks:)

I think I will move up to NL 25 now and move up in SNG´s:)
  • 5 replies
    • mrjorisa
      mrjorisa
      Bronze
      congrats! :) do post your success in the 1mil in 1year thread. Great boost to your br there. GL moving up the limits
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      congrats mtts always help boost your BR
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      congrats on the wicked win that must feel good... but remember that just because you have a bigger bankroll doesnt mean that you are a better cash game player. You can overcome the bigger variance according to the bigger stakes but it will be harder to be a positive player at higher limits. I agree that you can move up but be careful.

Good luck
    • Ami2
      Ami2
      Bronze
      amazing, how did you do it?
    • pokergummz
      pokergummz
      Bronze
      Well, these MTT tournaments are really long so you have to be up for the challenge. You dont want to be tired or anything like that:P
      I was feeling good and played my best game!
      I was able to build a nice chipstack in the early stages and was amongst the chipleaders early, I basically waited for big hands because there were so many loose players that rebought many times..so I just waited and busted them:)

And it just went on and on, I played solid but made few good bluffs and got myself in big all ins with the best hand, I got AA for the first time late in the tournament which secured me a good spot in the top and I just went on from there!
      And on the final table I was TAG but I used my position very well also! I was really unlucky when I had AA on the final table and my opponent had KK, it was a huuge pot and he hit the K:( After that I was one of the shortstacks but I was able to gain my chips back and get on the right track:)
      And when I reached HU i had JJ in the first hand and ofcourse I got it all in:)
      but he got lucky with AQ:(