And lets say goodbye to 2008

• Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Man I'm all hyped up...

I'm just now understanding all the stuff I'm walking into this year with... 2.6k bankroll.. Back in the day I was like all I need is $50 to build a roll... Look where I'm at today baby!!!...

$50 to $2,600 in 6 months... Imagine the stuff I can do in 12 months starting with $2.600...

I can't even think about a realistic goal here... Like $10k will I be sitting on a $10k bankroll in 12 months... is that realistic?...

That kind of money from playing poker doesn't sound realistic at all...

I don't even know why I'm having a success post right now or whatever this is... I'm just suddenly understanding what all this work has brought to me... The money and experience even some friends oversea I might one day share a beer or two with...

This ain't even a milestone $2600 ain't a milestone number but still I wanna put a thank you list here :)

Thanks to everyone that helped me improving my game from day one
      (no specific order)

Viewer88, Chenny, Leo, Grummeler, Velak, SoyCD, Unam, Hasenbraten, Tribun, Cannell... I'm probably forgetting bunch of you guys... So many people have put an effort into introducing me to this game... teaching me how to play and comment on my play without expecting anything in return... You all didn't have to do this... Ty so muuuch !!!

Thanks to all the guys that ever spoke a word to me on irc...

Velak, Cardbender, Earpy, Cannell, Sidewalker, Justkyle88, Seednoir and pretty much everyone who regularly comes into the irc channel.. It's fun talking to all ya guys and we've had our moments trying to be funny and shit... All you guys have supported me through all my tilt issues and whatever... and we've shared drinking story's while some random guy shouts out bad beat story every 5 minutes... I mean this has to be one of the reasons I love this community so much...

Ty to everyone who opened up my blog... and especially regular readers that left there fingerprints by commenting..

from the top of my head I can remember Fun101rockets, Viewer, Justkyle88, Delete461... and I know there are more of you... When I posted my first blog post I was like "Man no one will ever want to read this... but I'll do it to keep track of my successes or losses" and man starting a blog was gr8 to keep track of that stuff... But man it felt great writing a blog post and you knew there were some people out there that really cared to read it once you posted it or whatever...

Ty to everyone that took their time to write a blog and share what they have learned through their journey...

From the top of my blogs to read list: Opal99's blog.. Gerv's Blog... SonicXT's blog... Bkbart, Chenny, Justkyle... All these guys have blogs that have taught me something... They've shared how they deal with swings and whatever... And just reading their blog somehow adds to your experience you know?... I hope my blog can maybe have the same effect on someone :)

Ty to everyone that played in the BOTD.

Ty to all the ps.com staff, all the coaches, news writers, moderators and admins..
      You've all made this an fun well organized community with some of the best learning material I've found on the internet.. Hope you guys can do as good job as you did last year now in 2009 :)

I'm probably forgetting bunch of you guys but there are just too many names that have helped me through this journey for me to remember...
      So pretty much ty to all of you and if you feel like I forgot your name no hard feelings since this was pretty much written in 5am and I just pulled the names I remember from the top of my head :)

Well thanks all at ps.com for a wonderful half year I've spent here... Lets hope the next one will be as good if not better...

to sum up some successes since it's a success post.

- Over $2500 bankroll
      - Blog has over 5k views, over 200 posts and over 10 pages long
      - Two time botd winner with team-Soy
      - Played over 1500 sng's
      - I cashed in the sunday million
      - I beat cannell for his last $2 on nl5 with 27o.. I mean how many guys here have made a guy bankrupt with 27o?
      - over 1k forum posts
      - met a lot of interesting people and shared a bad beat story or two with them

some of you know how it goes...

Lets hope we all have our share of successes in 09...
      Until then... Peace and much love to you
  • 1 reply