This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

An epic bad run, just wanna quit poker seriously

• JiggyStar
      JiggyStar
      Bronze
      Hello guys, I want you to look at this and tell me, what is wrong with me.

I'm a 9 man SnG player. Started last monday, playing everyday around 20-30 SnG's, making around 3$ a day, one day 5$, sometimes having a bad run, but after some play evening it out and keeping it okay, making 19$ from monday to friday and then this saturday just comes. What I posted is my graph for since saturday until today, playing 18 SnG's today, and 120 over the weekend + today. Straight 3 days I'm getting variance which is laughter through tears. Saturday aces cracked 6 times shoving preflop, 3 of them by 22+. Sunday started off making 6$ and then bam played for the day to see myself break-even, until in the end of the day, where I see myself losing -1$, again with the most losses happening from dominated hands like AK vs K7 and so on. Today I broke my record, 8/10 Ax hands were cracked by dominated aces and in other cases where I was dominated, I never sucked out (this last thing doesn't count toward the record, but still). Having all this, the graph doesn't account for the KK I had run in to AA, which happened a lot over the weekend, of course including QQ against KK and so on. All in all, instead of having a nice 18$ profit, or at least 15$ after having played 278 SnG's, today I ended up with a poor 5.19$ with an ROI of 2.19%. I mean, I do play normal poker, always fold my queens and AK on reraises early against unknowns, play tight, watch for limpers to isolate with high/semi-high aces or premium hands, depending on players and have my smallraise/fold-smallraise/call ranges for bubble situations, which brought me profit until friday and then just BAM, I start to reconsider my plays again and again, thus wanting to deviate from the strategies, but I don't. I watch Collin's live play videos and what I see there is basically the same stuff I do, even when watching the videos I look at the hands and tell in my mind how will he play it and I'm correct 90% of the time. I mean I'm not a bad player, much better than the average at my stakes, but if 2% is the most what you can get from being a decent playerat some level, I really don't understand how is normal profit is made. I mean at this rate i'll go up stakes in half a year at it's best, but it's kinda frustrating when you think that you have at least 50 hours a week playing to get a poor 5$. I know this is a long crying scene you all have seen a lot of times and I should do decisions only after 1k SnGs, but NOT considering all I have told, maybe I have a HUGE leak, where I'm playing too tight in some situations and this builds up my All-In Equity line, because I am lacking those suckouts from mandatory loose shoves and so? I really wan't to find this out faster, because this is getting frustrating. Thank you for reading this and I hope for the best of answers.
  • 12 replies