Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $29.40
      CO:
      $28.10

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , Q:spade:
      Hero raises to $1.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $1.00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 8:heart: , 7:heart: , A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, CO raises to $6.00, Hero calls $4.50.

Turn: ($14.35) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $22.40 (All-In), CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $14.35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ad Qs)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (Ad Qs)

I wasn't sure if I was ahead, hence I wanted to turn my hand into a flush bluff.
  • 4 replies
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      I would bet pot on the flop and go with my hand or make a weak fold against passive opponent. No way I am not calling it OOP, if you decide to call then you have to give up on such turn. As played I think your hand has no value now OOP, IP it would. Turning your hand into bluff is bad here because agressive opponent has a flush himself very often here.
    • Purity
      Purity
      Bronze
      c/f turn and c/f river.

Shoving turn makes absolutely no sense, u won't get better hands to fold ( 2pair and a set will stil call u ). => Especially not against a guy with WTS of 40%.

If u stil believe u have the best hand, u play c/c or c/shove but I don't see anyway here how we could be holding the best hand.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Purity
      c/f turn and c/f river.

Shoving turn makes absolutely no sense, u won't get better hands to fold ( 2pair and a set will stil call u ). => Especially not against a guy with WTS of 40%.

If u stil believe u have the best hand, u play c/c or c/shove but I don't see anyway here how we could be holding the best hand.
      Totally corresponds my previous post, I am glad I am starting to understand poker :D Tho this shove can work sometimes as valuebet vs weaker aces+low fd vs really bad players.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Noone would fold two pair+ on the turn, so shoving turn doesn´t make any sense, since AJ wouldn´t call here, maybe AK would fold.
      I´d probably 3-bet to 13$ and call shove, since you´re ip and your hand is strong for 6-handed game.