This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH NL25 AQo

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $29.40
      CO:
      $28.10

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , Q:spade:
      Hero raises to $1.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $1.00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 8:heart: , 7:heart: , A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, CO raises to $6.00, Hero calls $4.50.

Turn: ($14.35) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $22.40 (All-In), CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $14.35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ad Qs)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (Ad Qs)

I wasn't sure if I was ahead, hence I wanted to turn my hand into a flush bluff.
  • 4 replies
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      I would bet pot on the flop and go with my hand or make a weak fold against passive opponent. No way I am not calling it OOP, if you decide to call then you have to give up on such turn. As played I think your hand has no value now OOP, IP it would. Turning your hand into bluff is bad here because agressive opponent has a flush himself very often here.
    • Purity
      Purity
      Bronze
      c/f turn and c/f river.

Shoving turn makes absolutely no sense, u won't get better hands to fold ( 2pair and a set will stil call u ). => Especially not against a guy with WTS of 40%.

If u stil believe u have the best hand, u play c/c or c/shove but I don't see anyway here how we could be holding the best hand.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Purity
      c/f turn and c/f river.

Shoving turn makes absolutely no sense, u won't get better hands to fold ( 2pair and a set will stil call u ). => Especially not against a guy with WTS of 40%.

If u stil believe u have the best hand, u play c/c or c/shove but I don't see anyway here how we could be holding the best hand.
      Totally corresponds my previous post, I am glad I am starting to understand poker :D Tho this shove can work sometimes as valuebet vs weaker aces+low fd vs really bad players.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Noone would fold two pair+ on the turn, so shoving turn doesn´t make any sense, since AJ wouldn´t call here, maybe AK would fold.
      I´d probably 3-bet to 13$ and call shove, since you´re ip and your hand is strong for 6-handed game.