SCAM on PokerStrategy.com!!!PLS BEWARE!!!

• FiRer123
      FiRer123
      Bronze
      My personal experience with Pokerstrategy and Pacific Poker . All the bonus information are in black and white. After i made the deposit, the bonus are not paid up as promised. Contacted the admin from Pokerstrategy.com (jeff) and he said there is nothing he can do about it, his reply, The information posted on PokerStrategy.com website is false and misleading.

What a scam, basically PokerStrategy.com is telling me that " hey I conned you and there is nothing you can do about it!"

All Poker Players please beware... if it can happen to me, so can it happen to you...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Please read the bonus information as per posted by pokerstrategy.com
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 4 - Clear the 125% up to $475 bonus

The $475 bonus is given in 2 steps:

1. 50% up to $175 instant bonus
      The bonus will be transferred to your account as soon as you have made the deposit. Before you can cashout you need to have 20x the amount of the bonus in turnover, which means if you have a bonus of $100 you need to have 20x$100=$2,000 in turnover to be able to cash it out. For the full $175 bonus you therefore need $3,500 in turnover.

2. +75% up to $300 bonus
      Additionally you can receive another bonus of up to $300, so up to a total of $475. You will receive this bonus of 75% of your first deposit to 888.com PacificPoker as soon as you have collected 10 bonus points for every dollar of the bonus. So for a bonus of $300 you need a total of 10 x 300 = 3,000 bonus points. You have 30 days time to clear the additional bonus.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Highlight of reply from Pokerstrategy.com admin Jeff
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear FiRer123,

There was nothing wrong with your screenshots at all. But the bonus information on our website is completely false and misleading, unfortunately.
      The bonuses ($75 & $88) you got are correct, actually. I´m really sorry but there is nothing else we can do for you. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
      Jeff

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Here is the whole thread of conversation with PokerStrategy.com admin Jeff
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      FiRer123,
      23.12.08 12:24: Good day,

I have registered with Pacific Poker 888.com . i want to make my first depoist of USD350 but wanted to be sure i am tracked with pokerstrragety in order to enjoy the promotion as stated.

The online help cannot confirm i am Tracked on their system.

My userid for both Pacific POker and Pokerstragety is FiRer123 .

Please kindly confirm it is tracked and how long will it take for me to receive my instand bonus.

Would like to confirm before i make the deposit
      Jeff,
      23.12.08 12:46: Dear FiRer123,

Unfortunately, we cannot check this. We can only see this when we get the rake data for our users. But the email support of 888.com has to be capable of telling you about it.

If you deleted your cookies prior to registering your account it should be tracked properly.

Best regards,
      Jeff
      FiRer123,
      23.12.08 13:03: Good day Jeff,

What do you recommend? Should I email the pacific support instead to confirm?
      Jeff,
      23.12.08 14:24: Dear FiRer123,

In case you are insecure whether you deleted your cookies or not, then yes, I do recommend that.

Best regards,
      Jeff
      FiRer123,
      24.12.08 00:48: Good day,

I have made the depoisit of USD350 of on pacific poker. However the bonus amount i received is incorrect.

My total bankroll after the USD350.07 Deposist is only USD513.07(instead of USD525.07) , I receive 2 bonus according to the help support, USD88 and another USD75 . I believe there is mistake in allocating the bonus as,

1. 50% up to $175 instant bonus
      (I made a USD350 Deposit, Bonus should be 175 instead of the 88+75 = 163)

Pleaese kindly assist. Thank you.

The Email from Pacific Poker
      "Dear Peicheng,

Thank you for depositing into your PacificPoker account using ENETS.
      Your deposit has been approved and your bankroll has been adjusted to
      reflect your deposit of US$ 350.07.

You will be debited 508.06 for this transaction.
      The Transaction Ticket ID for this deposit is: 105004267966.

You will receive part of your Bonus instantly in your bankroll.
      For details please refer to the deposit history sheet in your
      PacificPoker account.

The remaining amount of the Bonus will be credited to your account in
      accordance to our bonus policy.

For friendly and immediate assistance with this or any other matter
      CALL US NOW on, +350-20043703 and we will be happy to assist you.
      Alternatively, you may email us at: support@pacificpoker.com or
      backgammon@888.com.

Sincerely,

Daniel Wade
      Support Manager
      support@pacificpoker.com
      backgammon@888.com
      http://www.888.com
      "
      FiRer123,
      24.12.08 03:47: 888.com REPLY:

Dear Peicheng,

Thank you for contacting 888.

My name is Stacy-Ann a support representative here at Pacific poker.

I reviewed your account and observed that you were credited with the
      first portion of the first time deposit bonus which is 25% of $350
      which
      is $88.

For the other bonus promotion you are referring to you will need to
      contact pokerstrategy for more information.

Thank you for being a member of 888 and for the confidence you have
      placed in us. Please contact us whenever we can be of further service.
      Enjoy the game!
      Jeff,
      25.12.08 08:25: Dear FiRer123,

Could you please take me a screenshot of your deposit as well as your bonus amount in the Pacific Poker software and send it to:

andreas.knoepcke@pokerstrategy.com

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
      Jeff
      Jeff,
      25.12.08 13:14: Dear FiRer123,

Thanks for the screenshots, I have forwarded your case now. Please allow a couple of days to communicate the matter with PacificPoker.
      Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
      Jeff
      FiRer123,
      29.12.08 03:46: Good day Jeff,

may i know if there is any outcome for the normal and instand bonus? Have been playing quite a lot these few days, (platinum now, going diamond soon, only reg for 5 days )

the bonus is about to clear at around 80+ % already, so wanna confirm to aviod problem.

Thank you.
      Jeff,
      30.12.08 12:30: Dear FiRer123,

I'm sorry I do not have further information regarding your bonus. Please be patient.

Best regards,
      Jeff
      Jeff,
      30.12.08 16:55: Dear FiRer123,

I´m very very sorry but our website seems to be totally wrong in the case of the 888.com bonus. We have just contacted our affiliate manager over at 888.com and he assured us that the bonus you have got is correct. I do not kow why our informtion on the website is so false but I´m afraid I cannot help you any further.
      Thanks for your understanding

Best regards,
      Jeff
      FiRer123,
      31.12.08 00:48: Good day Jeff,

May i know what do you mean by your reply?

I will not get the 75% instant bonus and normal bonus as promise ?

This is very irresponsible and i have shown you the print screen and information showing the incorrect bonus credited.

Further more, the information can be verified via the 888.com system , if the affliate manager over at 888.com assure you that the bonus credited is correct, is he saying that i altered the screenshot, accusing me of a scam?

After i shown you all the information requested and you still cannot assist me with my case?

I am sure you can resolve this issue , all the evidences is available and can be verified over all the system, if this is the way you and your company going to handle this case, i am utterly disappointed and if you are not going to deliever as promised, then I believe I will make this issue public and let the poker society decide who is right.

Furthermore, I believe I belong to the profitable group of customer to your company, having reach platinum level around 5300pts in less than 2 weeks, generating enough rake to cover for any cost/bonus amount given.

Hope to be able to receive a favourable reply by 3 days from this message.

Your disappointed and angry customer.
      Jeff,
      03.01.09 10:47: Dear FiRer123,

There was nothing wrong with your screenshots at all. But the bonus information on our website is completely false and misleading, unfortunately.
      The bonuses ($75 & $88) you got are correct, actually. I´m really sorry but there is nothing else we can do for you. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
      Jeff
  • 45 replies
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      [ ] scam
      [x] misunderstanding
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I didn't write my problem with 888 since well what can i achieve but you are actually lucky. I also deposited correct(got linked with PS) and got ONLY 100$ instant bonus wrote to them it should be 175$ they said is only 100$ and is wrong info at PS. Well 100$ is still nice money and i just gave up.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Firer123,

Shouting "Scam" in capital letters over multiple threads isn't going to benefit anyone. We never intentionally mislead our users and have no reason to knowingly publish false information. You aren't the first person to have claimed this bonus (just check the forums or ask some of the other users like Erptech, who have successfully cleared it) and in the past it has at least to my knowledge always been credited in the exact same fashion as described in our bonus page. This is the first time I have heard about this problem.

That means there has either been a misunderstanding in your case in particular or there was a change in the bonus conditions without proper notification. It seems the latter is the case, but I will try to find out more details on this.

For your personal information, "Jeff" isn't a PokerStrategy Administrator but one of our service representatives who apparently didn't know much about this specific bonus - otherwise he wouldn't have expressed himself the way he did.

I'm sorry for the way this has gone so far and will look into it.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Chopsticks43
      Chopsticks43
      Bronze
      you needed to depsit $475.00 to get the full bonus not $350.00. I did deposit $475. 00 and my instant bonus took it up to $650.00. So it works out just fine.
      The problem with the bonus is that the further $300.00 is impossible to clear within 1 month and should be extended to 6 months.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello FiRer123,

I'm in contact with the support and our affiliate department regarding the miscommunication in the bonus. Let me just try to confirm the situation that happened to you (since this bonus is kind of complicated due to its 2 parts)

* You deposited $350 and received $75 & $88 as instant bonuses for a total of $163. (This is of course not in line with the 50% up to $175 described on the website since $12 are missing)

* You should have also received a 75% extra bonus so $262,5 which you need to clear before receiving. Was this successfully credited?

@Chopsticks: Actually it seems you need to deposit $400 as the minimum. Since the instant bonus is made out of 2 parts it ends up being more like 43,75% up to $175. I have amended this information in our guide.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      my cooperation with pokerstrategy was very good so far . i had a problem with my rakeback , they contacted the site and the solved it very soon .

i am 100% sure that there is no intention of a scam or whatsoever on this site and there is no reason for one to exist either.. relax you were a victim of wrong information i understand that's why it's better to choose on of the big sites , pokerstars , fulltilt and titan poker where they are not going to mess with these information and are more serious sites.
    • 2DHades
      2DHades
      Bronze
      I deposited in Pacific Poker(via PokerStrategy) and the instant bonus came instantly in my account. There is no "SCAM".
    • FiRer123
      FiRer123
      Bronze
      * You deposited $350 and received $75 & $88 as instant bonuses for a total of $163. (This is of course not in line with the 50% up to $175 described on the website since $12 are missing)

Reply:
      Yes , simple maths will tell you that the bonus amount is wrong. It stats 50%, your correction on Pokerstragety.com(now shows ~45%) shows that wrong bonus information was communicated across to the community.

* You should have also received a 75% extra bonus so $262,5 which you need to clear before receiving. Was this successfully credited?

Reply:
      It was successfully Credited and Cleared

Regarding the issue of Jeff(administrator or service representative) , you have to understand that he DO represent PokerStragety.com, he was the only one i can turn to , offical help support, when there is a problem.
      From the way this issue turns out, it simply shows that your staff is not well trained and mispresented the company.

From my point of view, all these happened because of
      1) Wrong Bonus Information Published on PokerStrategy.com (now corrected from 50% to ~45%)
      2) Lousy/No Staff Training, if Pokerstrategy.com service representative, help support is unsure of the products/services you are selling, who will?

I did tried to resolve this issue privately via help support from Pokerstrategy.com but the reply was utterly dissapointing,

"The information on our website is completely false ....

and there is nothing else we can do for you."

------------------------
      "There was nothing wrong with your screenshots at all. But the bonus information on our website is completely false and misleading, unfortunately.
      The bonuses ($75 & $88) you got are correct, actually. I´m really sorry but there is nothing else we can do for you. Thank you for your understanding."
      2)
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello FiRer123,

Yes the information on the website was in fact wrong - this was not done intentionally though and I have already made a first adjustment to the information. The problem is just that the bonus in itself is very complicated in the way 888.com calculates it. Not only is it 2 parts - but the Instant bonus is also split into sub-sections in the way it is calculated. This was apparently not known by us or rather our service representative which resulted in this unfortunate mis-communication. I am sorry for this. We have a lot of different bonuses that frequently change and it is not always possible for every service representative to know the exact details of how a Pokerroom calculates the bonus. This is of course not an excuse for what happened.

I have already talked to Jeff and explained to him that the information we provided was not in fact "completely false and misleading" since it was not. There was simply an error in the portrayal of the $175 instant bonus which is not 50% but actually closer to 43,75% up to $175 . This means if you cash in $400 you receive the full bonus.

I'm sorry for the trouble caused by this. We always strive to give the best possible service and especially on the forums you will usually get it.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • FiRer123
      FiRer123
      Bronze
      Okay,

I am glad that the mistake was corrected .

For now, please deposit the bonus back to my account, I think I am entitled to what was promised.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Wow why do you get so angry FiRer123, that's just a small amount of money. People do mistakes from time to time, you also do, and don't forget ps.com is free service. Although Jeff's reply was really... weird.
    • Harold1
      Harold1
      Global

Wow why do you get so angry FiRer123, that's just a small amount of money. People do mistakes from time to time, you also do, and don't forget ps.com is free service. Although Jeff's reply was really...

It's not the amount of money it's the principle, 'we ripped you off but sorry unfornrtunatly there's nothing we can do about that'
      ppffffffffff!!!!!!
      I'd be off my rocker.

My bonus where I play has cleared ok, thanfully.

Glad FiRer123 went to trouble to clear this mess up for any future players in at the same site.

4 thumbs up Firer123:D :D :D :D
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      i completely agree, it is a scam, thousands of people are currently filing lawsuits.
    • Harold1
      Harold1
      Global
      By the sounds of it they should be!

As far as PS being "free" it's not free, if you don't put the time in and learn to play u don't benefit anything, zip zero zilch.

I've put in over a 100 hrs playing in the micro levels since I joined PS. Making nothing for myself so far. So what's FREE about it and if I make anything it's because I put in the time and effort to do so? I know I've generated over a $1000.00 in rake for just one the sites I play, zip for me, yet.

I'd would make over $2000.00 if I put that much time at my real my job.
      "free"? I doooon't think soooo.
    • n3l1x
      n3l1x
      Bronze
      lol @ this thread

there is either some hardcore leveling + re-leveling + re-re-leveling going on here or some people are really not getting it
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Harold1

As far as PS being "free" it's not free, if you don't put the time in and learn to play u don't benefit anything, zip zero zilch.

I've put in over a 100 hrs playing in the micro levels since I joined PS. Making nothing for myself so far. So what's FREE about it and if I make anything it's because I put in the time and effort to do so? I know I've generated over a $1000.00 in rake for just one the sites I play, zip for me, yet.

You must be kidding. Why register to ps then? Just play on the poker room directly and pay rake to them without any learning material.
    • Harold1
      Harold1
      Global
      You must be kidding. Why register to ps then? Just play on the poker room directly and pay rake to them without any learning material.

That doesn't make any sense at all.
      I would still pay the same rake??( lol

PS benefits from my play, I benefit from there materials and the forums.
      But his point was that it's "free" so you shouldn't complain if you get ripped off.

I totally disagree. He is 100% right to complain because he signed up for a deal and they changed the deal, afterward and then basically told him tuff luck!Chump.

That's called fraud in the real world, join it some time, turds. I would say shit for brains but that might not be allowed here.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Balanarm

Y rly, PS is more than free.
      Some people dont realise how much all this article/video/hand ev/coaching costs.The bonus offers are the best in the net, and all those various promos...

That doesn't make any sense at all.
      I would still pay the same rake??( lol
      Of course omg.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FiRer123
      Okay,

I am glad that the mistake was corrected .

For now, please deposit the bonus back to my account, I think I am entitled to what was promised.
      Hello FiRer123,

Although I regret that there was a mis-communication of the bonus conditions and always try my best to clear up such cases to the satisfaction of all - there is no way for me to deposit the 12$ to your account. Not only is it technically impossible for me to transfer money to your poker account, it is also not possible due to general policies (the chaos and extra work load created by such moves would be immeasurable)

@Harold1: Are your replies serious? I'm actually not so sure, but will reply anyway.

There was a miscommunication between 888.com and PokerStrategy concerning the exact percentage amounts of the instant bonus. This was probably due to some marketing guy from 888 communicating the bonus to us as a whole number (50% up to) without calculating that a minimum depositer was actually receiving a few odd percent less. The bonus was and is still up to $175 instantly added - there was just a problem of you actually needing to deposit at least $400 instead of $350 to claim this entire bonus. When a PokerSite communicates us the terms and conditions of their bonuses we simply communicate what they tell us on our website - this was no difference.

It is therefore quite hard for me to follow how someone could in all seriousness believe that this is "fraud as you call it in the real world". There was no "changing of the deal afterwards" - just some miscommunication in the decimal places. As to our support staff: I already explained earlier in this thread our support worker simply didn't know what he was talking about and had gotten completely confused. I talked to the person in question about his tone and the fashion in that he communicated it in - but whats going on now is just blowing things completely out of proportion.

On a side note: Balanarm is actually correct. You pay the same amount of rake completely irrespective of whether you are tracked over us or not. The only difference is that while untracked you probably: get worse bonuses, don't participate in our promotions, and don't have access to videos, articles, professional evaluations and coachings. All offerings that cost us a lot more than the kind of money we would make by "defrauding our users for a few dollars of instant bonus money". So please by all means - criticise and give constructive feedback - but cut the non-sense.

Best regards
      SoyCD