SCAM on PokerStrategy.com!!!PLS BEWARE!!!

• SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bah22
      Very interesting thread but i think i went in a wrong way.
      Six months ago i deposit 500$ in PokerStars since it said "100% deposit bonus up to 600$" on the home page. So i started to clear the bonus and after a month i was wondering how the bonus system worked. I asked Pokerstars' support and they sent me 50$+50$ and this is the only bonus they have as a first deposit bonus.
      I was very disappointed since i was expecting to clear 500$ deposit. As a last resort i contacted PS support and they told me the max bonus was 100$ but in site said up to 600$ and there was nothing they can do.
      So i felt mislead. Can i ask admins why such a 'misunderstandings' occur? Don't u guys check it before post it on the home page?
      Hey bah22,

Are you sure it said 100% up to $600 for PokerStars? Our old deposit bonus at PokerStars was up to $50 and afterwards up to $100. It has never been higher and I don't remember ever having corrected it. Could it be that you confused it with Full Tilt?

I'm not saying we or I never make mistakes but I would certainly remember having accidentally put $600 bonus on PokerStars (considering the highest bonus they offer through any affiliate is actually $100).

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hi all!

First I would like to say something to FiRer. I understand you fully. It's never about money in these cases. And I have also reacted similar in similar situations. You think it's unjust right? And maybe you feel that you're scammed intentionally, even though you know that's not the case. My advice to and me in these situations is to just drop it. I have done bad things intentionally (guess you have too) but then I was glad for patience and understanding from others of course. We shouldn't be small minded either. Again, I feel you! You're probably a great poker player and have learned to mute jerks in your tables. And then you dropped it, and that is worse. What I'm trying to implement is: great mindedness -> happiness. I hope you don't think I'm trying to preach to you. I'm not!

Secondly I claim with the stubborness of fool: there must be simple solution to just deposit the money. When I worked in a gas station before and there was some wrong priced article, I was encouraged by the owner to charge the given price. I get the same treatment now when I shop.

Last, I want to say a great Thank You to you all on this site. Without your training I wouldn't have played poker now. I would have 0 on my poker accounts. At least it wouldn't be as fun and there would be no greater winnings.

Happy New Year Everybody!
      ZeroDegreez
    • FiRer123
      FiRer123
      Bronze
      Good day to SoyCD and all members of Pokerstrategy.com,

I have read through the thread and replies from everyone, thank you for your time and effort.

I am glad that admins from PokerStrategy.com took action promptly and changed the wrong bonus information for Pacific Poker.

However, I was disappointed by SoyCD reply:

"there is no way for me to deposit the 12$ to your account. Not only is it technically impossible for me to transfer money to your poker account, it is also not possible due to general policies (the chaos and extra work load created by such moves would be immeasurable) "

"multimillion dollar corporation"

in the business world and likewise for a multimillion dollar corporation like Pokerstrategy.com,
      company have an obligiation to honour the promises made to their customers, even if it causes a lot of chaos and extra work load, a promise made is a promise made.

"lot of chaos and extra work load" is an irresponsibile and lousy excuse which I cannot accept, in fact I felt that this sentence alone badly damages my impression of PokerStrategy.com .

Not only is it unfair for the customers, it also reflects badly on the company image and reputation.

12 Dollars isnt really a lot of money, but if a multimillion dollar corporation cannot even handle and resolve such a small problem, how can we trust that it will be able to handle bigger potential issue that might occur in the future that will cost it hundreds and maybe thousands of dollars.

For me, I will stop pokering on accounts affliated with PokerStrategy.com, and I do hope other members will consider similar action as this issue clearly reflects the professionalism level of the company and the attutide it has towards its customers.

FYI: PokerStrategy.com is not a Free Service or Charity Organisation.Nothing is free in this world,
      PokerStrategy.com is a multi-million corporation because WE members/customers made it so with our Rake.
      There are other website/company out there willing to offer similar or more competitve offer for our membership/affliate with them.
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      with regards to pokerstrategy being free or not:

If I play on a non affiliate account, I lose the same amount of rake, only I don't get anything in return. So, for me, I consider the content and service pokerstrategy offers me to be "free"

A multimillion company should honor it's promises: this is correct, but the promise wasn't done by pokerstrategy but by pacific poker, therefore, pokerstrategy should perhaps learn to check this kind of information before they put it on their site as true, but in the end, it was pacific poker who provided incorrect information.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FiRer123
      FYI: PokerStrategy.com is not a Free Service or Charity Organisation.Nothing is free in this world,
      PokerStrategy.com is a multi-million corporation because WE members/customers made it so with our Rake.
      There are other website/company out there willing to offer similar or more competitve offer for our membership/affliate with them.
      I though this was a win/win/win situation , pokerstrategy wins our money (rake) , the pokerroom also wins money, we (the players) win a starting capital and poker material, bonuses and stuff.

the only victim is moe ( Simpsons episode )
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FiRer123
      Good day to SoyCD and all members of Pokerstrategy.com,

I have read through the thread and replies from everyone, thank you for your time and effort.

I am glad that admins from PokerStrategy.com took action promptly and changed the wrong bonus information for Pacific Poker.

However, I was disappointed by SoyCD reply:

"there is no way for me to deposit the 12$ to your account. Not only is it technically impossible for me to transfer money to your poker account, it is also not possible due to general policies (the chaos and extra work load created by such moves would be immeasurable) "

"multimillion dollar corporation"

in the business world and likewise for a multimillion dollar corporation like Pokerstrategy.com,
      company have an obligiation to honour the promises made to their customers, even if it causes a lot of chaos and extra work load, a promise made is a promise made.

"lot of chaos and extra work load" is an irresponsibile and lousy excuse which I cannot accept, in fact I felt that this sentence alone badly damages my impression of PokerStrategy.com .

Not only is it unfair for the customers, it also reflects badly on the company image and reputation.

12 Dollars isnt really a lot of money, but if a multimillion dollar corporation cannot even handle and resolve such a small problem, how can we trust that it will be able to handle bigger potential issue that might occur in the future that will cost it hundreds and maybe thousands of dollars.

For me, I will stop pokering on accounts affliated with PokerStrategy.com, and I do hope other members will consider similar action as this issue clearly reflects the professionalism level of the company and the attutide it has towards its customers.

Hello FiRer123,

Believe it or not, PokerStrategy being the large corporation that is it, is the exact reason why I cannot send you the 12$. As a small company with me being the sole owner and you being one of my few members I would probably send you the $12 from my personal account right away since I know it would pay itself off in the future.

Yet since we have accounting departments which need to track all monetary transactions, etc. etc. we would actually need to have a set process for this procedure. Since the error of why you received $12 less was not actually our fault (it really wasn't - just search for the offer on google - you will see that other affiliates have the exact same bonus description of the 50% up to $175 for Pacific Poker. This means the wrong communication of the conditions was originally actually from 888.com not from us)

So what I would need to do is either convince our accounting department to somehow go through miles of red tape (while creating technical processes able to actually transfer money to 888.com - which we can't even do atm) to grant you a not yet cleared bonus of $12 on your account (since the $12 are actually not really $12 but actually $12 bonus dollars) for something that wasn't even our fault (and would potentially lead to other users asking the same thing) or I would have to personally send you $12 from my personal money.

Now many users of this site will know that I have no problem actually sending around money to stake my members and that I am not stingy when it comes to giving away T-shirts and other stuff - BUT - if I did this I would open myself to others who encountered the exact same problem - and would potentially be faced with tons of users asking me to suddenly send them $12 of my personal money.

If you participate actively in the community I have no doubt that in no time you would get back these '$12' and more through the services we provide - so it saddens me that you portray the things the way you do.

If anything this company and the English forum is all about customer orientation and cases such as this are a rarity.

So if you decide to play else-where I'm sorry about the way you feel but there is really nothing that I can do about making up for this.

(btw: The place you should theoretically complain to, and the ones who actually COULD do something about it is actually 888.com since it was their 50% up to $175 bonus that they wrongly communicated to their affiliates)

Best regards
      SoyCD