$10,79
      MP1:
      $10,00
      MP3:
      $12,43
      Hero:
      $1,85

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , K:spade:
      UTG1 calls $0,10, UTG2 calls $0,10, MP1 calls $0,10, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,20, Hero raises to $0,80, 3 folds, UTG1 calls $0,70, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,60.

Flop: ($2,75) 6:heart: , J:diamond: , 3:spade: (3 players)
      UTG1 raises $4,67 (All-In), MP3 calls $4,67, Hero calls $1,05 (All-In).

Turn: ($13,14) J:heart:
      River: ($13,14) 3:heart: (3 players)

Final Pot: $13,14

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, jacks and threes (As Ks)
      MP3 shows a full-house, jacks full of threes (Kh Jc)
      UTG1 shows two pairs, jacks and threes (7s 4s)

MP3 wins with a full-house, jacks full of threes (Kh Jc)

Just making sure: Though I hit nothing on the flop I am already pot commited here and so I should push no matter what right?
  • 7 replies
    • Sonydahaka
      Sonydahaka
      Bronze
      I think the best play here is to push preflop because there were 3 limpers and a min raiser=>push.You were the preflop agrresor but on the flop you hit nothing and there is a push and a call=>you're behind so in my opinion you fold.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      If you're contemplating raising PF >=1/3 stack then just push.

As played you have to call flop since you're getting close to 5:1 with 2 OC's + BDFD. You are hardly ever too far behind to make calling unprofitable here. Your opponents also seem to play poorly.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Dandycall,

Originally posted by Nunki
      If you're contemplating raising PF >=1/3 stack then just push.

As played you have to call flop since you're getting close to 5:1 with 2 OC's + BDFD. You are hardly ever too far behind to make calling unprofitable here. Your opponents also seem to play poorly.
      For easy measure:
      3+ Limpers = instant push
      3 Limpers and a minraise = split-second instant push with AceKing Suited

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hey Gerv,

I'm a little confused. I should always push with 3+ limpers pre-flop? With a full 2 dollar stack ?( NL10) , following the rule of 4bb + 1bb/limper I'd have to raise to 0,70, which is still quite less than half my stack and so I wouldn't have to push..
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      When you're in position you have to decide whether you prefer to raise or push directly when you face 3 limpers. Raising is better for your strong hands, because that way you'll get more value out of them, but on the other hand pushing is better for your weaker hands, specially medium PPs which have good equity, but bad playability postflop. I personally prefer to push directly, it's easy and efficient. :)

...that's considered for 20BB stack and play IP, but when you have decreased stack or you sit in the blinds, then you have an easy push when facing 3 limpers.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      When you're in position you have to decide whether you prefer to raise or push directly when you face 3 limpers. Raising is better for your strong hands, because that way you'll get more value out of them, but on the other hand pushing is better for your weaker hands, specially medium PPs which have good equity, but bad playability postflop. I personally prefer to push directly, it's easy and efficient. :)

...that's considered for 20BB stack and play IP, but when you have decreased stack or you sit in the blinds, then you have an easy push when facing 3 limpers.
      I balance and push AA sometimes too.. otherwise you become way too exploitable (You shove weak hands like KQ/AJ,77-TT and you just raise 4+3bb with JJ+,AQ+ ..)
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I see. I'll add that bit to my game. Thanks a lot guys!