Poker books

• sprax2102
      Hey guys, so first post here, sorry if this isnt the right section but here i go:
      So im linda new to poker, not that new i won a little micro turbo tournaments and i wanna buy a book, and im a huge fan of Daniel negreanu, and i really like his type of playing and i wanna know which boom should be my first book?
  • 3 replies
    • SDK1987
      Hello Linda

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

What kind of games your normal play SNG’s, tournaments, cash games and/or other format than No limit hold’em? If I know this I can maybe help you with finding the right book for you or you can check our poker book section.

It looks like your still a basic member and then you can use 1 or more of our free money offers on poker rooms you don’t have an account yet.

Further I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
    • pinavijus
      Hi, Linda,

I highly recommend Chris Moorman's "Book of poker". Probably, this is not the best suggestion as a first book, but after you gain some playing skills this is the good one to increase your knowledge of poker.
    • cardinhand
      Hi Linda,

here are my recommendations, hope it helps.

For basics and HUD setup
      "Poker By The Book"

For micro stakes
      "Polished Poker"

Learning Strategy
      "Verbal Poker Tells"
      "Phil Gordon’s Little Gold Book: Advanced Lessons For Mastering Poker 2.0"
      "Pot-Limit Omaha Poker"
      "Sit ‘n Go Strategy"
      "The Mathematics Of Poker"
      "Harrington on Modern Tournament Poker"
      "The Mental Game of Poker"
      "Expert Heads Up No Limit Hold ‘Em Vol. 1: Optimal and Exploitative Strategies"
      "Harrington On Hold ‘Em Vol. 1"
      "Jonathan Little’s Excelling at No-Limit Hold’em"

hope you enjoy reading:f_grin:

Good luck:f_drink: