Only know you love her when you let her go <3

• partytracker
      partytracker
      Silver
      Hey guys, new here and also new to playing poker. I decided to make so much money by playing online and want you to be part of this!!
      I am to start at PokerStars with 2,5$ 180plrs turbos and wanna move up ASAP. I start with 100bis and hope it's enough. I frankly don't know where I'll end up if playing MTTs or 6max sngs or so.
      I don't use any poker tools thought HEM or PT but downloaded Equilab from here. Wanna ask if Hem is available at stars or if it's forbidden?!
      I am planning to bring you news often wherefore I created my blog :f_love: .If you could give me some advice or so it'd be pretty welcomed and I'd be soo grateful :) . Btw do you think that beggining at 2.5$ 180plrs is optimal? Or what would you suggest to play? I am willing to learn and beat every stake to make it to HS!!
      I wish you guys good luck and read my blog :) It'll give me another motivation to be as good as possible.
      :f_drink: :f_tongue:
  • 4 replies
    • andiofwbafc
      andiofwbafc
      Bronze
      Good luck!

To answer your question about HEM, yes you are allowed to use it at Pokerstars.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hi partytracker,

Welcome to Pokerstrategy and good luck on your journey! :f_drink:

Like andiofwbafc pointed out, using the current versions of HEM or PT is allowed at Pokerstars, however, using Equilab is not. That is, you are allowed to have it installed and use it for practicing etc, but you are not allowed to run it while your Pokerstars client is open.

Using 100 BIs for 180-man MTSNGs is fine, in my opinion. Some people might advise even more conservative bankroll management guidelines for this format since it can be very swingy, but I believe 100 BIs are still quite reasonable.

So how much experience do you already have with poker? Have you tried any other formats before?
    • partytracker
      partytracker
      Silver
      I've tried PLO and NLHE. I found PLO sort of wild so decided to take is slowly since i am not much experienced. What would you recommend me to do or study in order to do fast progress? I read articles and watch vids and also thinking about using tools such as SNG wizard or so....:f_love: :f_drink:
      btw if there's a sng players' group specialized to 6max, I'd like to take part in!
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      I would recommend checking out our SNG beginner strategy and the Overview of SNG lessons to get started.

There is also CollinMoshman's Sit 'N Go Crushers Academy. He does a Live Coaching every Wednesday, feel free to tune in.

You may consider investing in tools like SNG wizard at one point. It comes with a price, but it does have a free trial period. For now, I'd recommend downloading the ICM Trainer to practice the important push-or-fold phase of SNGs. Keep in mind, though, that this is another program that you are not allowed to run while Pokerstars is open. If the version you got is in the wrong language, just let me know, it's easy to fix.

I remember a course for 180-man MTSNGs, but most of the videos in it require a higher status, I believe. You might want to consider getting a tracked account some time, so you will have access to more strategy articles and videos.
      However, there is also a popular MTT course by our coach Asaban that should be completely available to basic members. Since 180-man MTSNGs have such a large field, most of the concepts discussed in that course should also apply to this format.

I'm not aware of any recently active 6-max SNG groups, sorry.