This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10, JJ, doublestack

• dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3,19
      MP3:
      $10,00
      CO:
      $9,60

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with J:club: , J:spade:
      Hero raises to $0,40, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0,40, CO calls $0,40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1,35) 3:spade: , 9:spade: , 9:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, MP3 calls $0,60, CO folds.

Turn: ($2,55) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1,60, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4,15

OBS: I'm overstacked, I was blinding out. And I do not play with Stats

I know some people say we should only play QQ+ with an overstack, I decided to go for this JJ.

I had an overpair all the way, but with the 99 and the flush draw on the table I got scared and check/folded to save my stack. Should I have continued aggressively?
  • 2 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      MP3 seems pretty fishy, you are OOP and 3 handed therefore I'd bet more on the flop and hope to take it straight down/get AI versus fish. You can then shove just about any turn. No tough decisions.

As played, MP3 probably calls the flop with a widish range here which makes the turn tricky to play. If Ax(or worse) type hands are calling the flop then just raise AI especially since some mega-fish will often check behind with their strong hands. Even if you are behind you still have some suckout potential.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Dandycall,

If you decide to go for it, go for it! You lose the most money by doing something pre-flop/postflop but folding on the Turn.

So what I mean either play Jacks the way you should or fold accordingly, both options is Fine with me :)

As played,

Bet more Postflop as Nunki suggested, $1 should be okay

Turn gives you a spade draw which should be enough for you to push it.

Best regards,
      Gerv