[NL2-NL10] NL10, JJ, doublestack

• dandycal
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with J:club: , J:spade:
      Hero raises to $0,40, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0,40, CO calls $0,40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1,35) 3:spade: , 9:spade: , 9:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, MP3 calls $0,60, CO folds.

Turn: ($2,55) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1,60, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4,15

OBS: I'm overstacked, I was blinding out. And I do not play with Stats

I know some people say we should only play QQ+ with an overstack, I decided to go for this JJ.

I had an overpair all the way, but with the 99 and the flush draw on the table I got scared and check/folded to save my stack. Should I have continued aggressively?
  • 2 replies
    • Nunki
      MP3 seems pretty fishy, you are OOP and 3 handed therefore I'd bet more on the flop and hope to take it straight down/get AI versus fish. You can then shove just about any turn. No tough decisions.

As played, MP3 probably calls the flop with a widish range here which makes the turn tricky to play. If Ax(or worse) type hands are calling the flop then just raise AI especially since some mega-fish will often check behind with their strong hands. Even if you are behind you still have some suckout potential.
    • Gerv
      Hello Dandycall,

If you decide to go for it, go for it! You lose the most money by doing something pre-flop/postflop but folding on the Turn.

So what I mean either play Jacks the way you should or fold accordingly, both options is Fine with me :)

As played,

Bet more Postflop as Nunki suggested, $1 should be okay

Turn gives you a spade draw which should be enough for you to push it.

Best regards,